A rapidly expanding global population, coupled with limited agricultural land, is driving farmers and industry to develop sustainable and productive methods for feeding an estimated 9 billion people by 2050.
Improvements in technology, agricultural techniques, and pest control have allowed farmers to expand crop production on the limited arable land available. However, this expansion of productivity has come at a price: in soil erosion, pesticide-tolerant weeds and insects, and concerns about the safety of foods used for both human and animal consumption.
To ensure productive crops, most farmers have turned to the use of synthetic pesticides to control crop-destroying pests. During the past 20 years, however, more farmers are recognizing the need for other avenues for pest control that are not as damaging to the environment and the land. These farmers are turning to biopesticides to prevent pest damage in a more ecologically friendly manner that includes more targeted applications, lower residues, and fewer applications. Many growers, particularly those raising corn, cotton, and soybeans, are using genetically modified (GM) seeds with pest deterrents genetically incorporated into the seed, i.e., plant-incorporated protectants PIPs).
The market further declined slightly in 2016. The global synthetic pesticide market is a mix of strong performing segments (i.e., herbicides, fungicides), and less-than-optimally performing segments (i.e., insecticides). Major manufacturers do not expect the insecticide market to rebound, and any increases in insecticide sales are projected to occur in developing regions, most notably Brazil and other Latin American countries, Eastern European countries and Asian countries rather than developed areas such as Europe and North America.
The global pesticide market is projected to expand through 2022 for both synthetic pesticides and biopesticides. During the same time period, however, synthetic insecticide use is projected to continue to decline, particularly with the increased use of GM seeds and pest resistance to common glyphosate products.
Biopesticide market growth in the Americas is expected to occur primarily in Latin American countries, particularly Brazil and Argentina, while growth in the EMRA area is expected in the Eastern European region rather than the EU. With the banning of many synthetic pesticides, the EU region, coupled with the Eastern European region and Russia, is expected to expand through 2022. China and India are the driving forces in the growth of biopesticides in the Asian region, and Australia is a major driver in the Oceania region, with mainly rangeland usage.
- A detailed overview and industry analysis of the global market for biopesticides within the industry
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- The global supply-and-demand scenario broken down by product type, crop type, product, geographical region, and application
- Assessment of the market dynamics, specifically growth driving factors, opportunities, restraints, current and future trends, and technological developments
- A look at the regulatory developments and enforcements in the biopesticides industry
- Relevant patent analyses
- Information on vendor landscape and profiles of major market players in the industry, including AMVAC Chemical Corp., Andermatt Biocontrol AG, Certis USA LLC, Koppert Biological Systems, Stockton Group, and Valent Biosciences Corp
Key Topics Covered
4 Organic Farming and the Market for Organic Products
5 Synthetic Pesticides and Genetically Modified Crops
6 Biopesticide Technology Review
7 Global Biopesticide Market
8 Biopesticide Market in North America
9 Biopesticide Market in Latin America
10 Biopesticide Market in Europe and Russia
11 Biopesticide Market in the Middle East and Africa
12 Biopesticide Market in Asia
13 Biopesticide Market in Oceania
14 Global Regulations
16 Company Profiles
17 Appendix: Technical Terms and Definitions
- Actagro Llc
- AG Biochem
- Agbitech Pty Ltd.
- Ajay Bio-Tech Ltd.
- Bayer Cropscience Ltd.
- Biologic Co.
- Biosafe Systems
- Certis Usa Llc
- Dow Agrosciences Llc
- DSM Food Specialties
- Embrapa Milho E Sorgo
- Growth Products Ltd.
- Hebei Veyong Biochemical Co. Ltd.
- Hercon Environmental
- Isagro S.P.A
- Koppert Biological Systems
- Kumiai Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
- Marrone Bio Innovations
- Monsanto Bioag
- Novozymes A/S
- Omnilytics Inc.
- Russell Ipm
- Soil Technologies Corp.
- Stockton Group
- Summit Chemical Co.
- T. Stanes & Co.
- Troy Biosciences Inc.
- Verdera Oy
- Westbridge Agricultural Products
and many more...
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wbm5w3/biopesticides?w=4