Draft clear and concise commercial agreements that meet the challenges of today's commercial environment
All legal disputes are founded in the interpretation of written contracts; they are one of the largest causes of costly commercial litigation. Clarity and fair constructions are the key to a successful commercial agreement, and quick and reasonable dispute resolution, if dispute should arise.
With this in mind the event organizers have developed a comprehensive two-part programme which focuses on delivering practical and applied training of the key drafting skills needed to create transparent and direct contracts that deliver on a legal and commercial level.
Part I: Drafting Commercial Contracts focuses on developing a robust structure and formation to your contracts and expanding your drafting skills to deliver concise and watertight agreements.
Part II: Drafting Legal Clauses looks in more detail at the more complex clauses and how they can be drafted and applied to leverage commercial value and manage legal risk.
Why you should attend
- Examine assignment and novation to ensure you are suitably protected in the case of transfer or sale of rights
- Consider the purpose and effect of typical boilerplate clauses and how you can leverage value for your organization through clearer drafting
By attending this programme you will:
- Get-to-grips with payments and interest terms to understand how penalties can be applied
- Expand your knowledge of the risk of drafting a contract without a confidentiality clause
- Master practical drafting techniques to write concise and effective agreements
- Examine special contractual arrangements and letters of intent
- Learn how to interpret variations and time of essence clauses
- Clarify the distinction between best endeavors' and reasonable endeavors' - essential terminology in commercial contracts
- Get up-to-date with the use and drafting of contractual warranties and indemnities
- Understand the effect of exclusion and limitation clauses and how they can be used to manage your exposure.
Practical interactive learning style
This workshop style programme has been designed to offer a practical solution to your drafting challenges. Throughout, the expert presenter will use a balanced mix of theory, group exercises, discussion, sample clauses and case studies to provide you with a comprehensive portfolio of practical tips and techniques to drafting contracts which meet your commercial objectives as well as ensuring that there are no surprises' further on.
Who Should Attend:
- In house lawyers
- Solicitors in private practice
- Commercial directors and managers
- Contracts managers
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t4lrzv/two_day_drafting?w=4