WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Discovering landscape architecture as a satisfying career choice just got a little easier, thanks to a new collaboration between the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) and 28 real estate industry organizations. The collaboration highlights landscape architecture and other diverse career paths within the real estate sector.
The organizations, collectively representing more than 10 million jobs, produced their first joint initiative, a new website entitled Careers Building Communities (www.CareersBuildingCommunities.org), which allows visitors to navigate through the scores of career paths across all sectors of real estate. For the first time, students in high school, college, technical programs and community colleges can explore possible career pathways within real estate by taking an interactive quiz and learning about career opportunities.
As the industry seeks to fill millions of jobs, this site serves as an all-inclusive resource for students, educators, career changers and other stakeholders to explore the unlimited opportunities related to the built environment.
Landscape architecture is described as a creative, diverse profession that combines art, science and technology to design, plan and manage our land and communities. The website provides a brief overview of the profession as well as links to ASLA’s career discovery website, virtual reality (VR) video of Klyde Warren Park in Dallas and Your Land magazine, a special print supplement introducing the profession of landscape architecture to students from grade school through high school.
“We’re delighted to join this collaboration,” said Nancy Somerville, Hon. ASLA, executive vice president and CEO of ASLA. “ASLA is committed to helping more people, especially students, discover landscape architecture as a fulfilling, rewarding career that truly benefits communities through great design. We hope that ‘Careers Building Communities’ will help steer more people to become landscape architects.”
About Careers Building Communities
Careers Building Communities is a strategic collaboration of 29 real estate-related organizations focused on raising awareness and attracting diverse talent to the many careers available across the built environment. CareersBuildingCommunities.org is a platform designed for students, educators and other individuals to explore each industry sector and learn more about education and employment opportunities. Learn more at www.CareersBuildingCommunities.org.
Careers Building Communities 29 Collaborating Organizations:
- American Institute of Architects
- American Resort Development Association
- American Society of Interior Designers
- American Society of Landscape Architects
- The Appraisal Institute
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc.
- Associated General Contractors
- Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate
- BOMI International: Independent Institute for Property and Facility Management Education
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International
- CCIM Institute
- Construction Management Association of America
- Construction Specifications Institute
- CoreNet Global
- Counselors of Real Estate
- CREW Network
- Institute of Real Estate Management
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- International Facility Management Association
- International Interior Design Association
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- NAIOP: Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- National Apartment Association
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- National Multifamily Housing Council
- The Real Estate Roundtable
- REALTORS Land Institute
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors
- Urban Land Institute Worldwide
About the American Society of Landscape Architects
Founded in 1899, the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) is the professional association for landscape architects in the United States, representing more than 15,000 members. The Society’s mission is to advance landscape architecture through advocacy, communication, education and fellowship. Sustainability has been part of ASLA’s mission since its founding and is an overarching value that informs all of the Society’s programs and operations. ASLA has been a leader in demonstrating the benefits of green infrastructure and resilient development practices through the creation of its own green roof, co-development of the SITES® Rating System, and the creation of publicly accessible sustainable design resources.