In today's global market, it's more important than ever to understand the changing dynamics of scholarly and professional publishing. Rely on the publisher's Open Access Journal Publishing 2018-2022 to build your growth plan for this year and beyond.
This report explains the origins of the open access movement, gives a timeline for its development, but most importantly, the publisher quantifies open access' position as a fast growing subsegment of scholarly journal publishing.
Open Access Journal Publishing 2018-2022 contains separate chapters covering the market, key competitors, and issues and forecast that include:
- Exclusive analysis of market size and structure
- Revenue and market share rankings of 10 leading global publishers
- Title and article growth metrics
- A breakdown of players in the open access ecosystem including public and private research funders.
- A breakdown open access publishing in key geographic regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World
- A discussion of the market for non-English-language open access publishing
- Analysis of mergers and acquisitions
- Exclusive market projections to 2022 and more
Publishers and investment professionals can trust Open Access Journal Publishing 2018-2022 to provide the inside intelligence needed to evaluate growth potential, understand trends affecting the industry, and size up the competition.
Examples of some of the issues discussed include:
- The competition among open access megajournals
- Examination of green, gold, hybrid and membership models
- Open access, peer review and questions of quality and impact
- The impact of piracy on the transition to OA
- Traditional publishers' strategies and growing market share
- OA's impact on big deal subscription model
- Rise of predatory publishers
- The role of OA mandates in this evolution
- Springer Nature
- John Wiley & Sons
- Public Library of Science (PLOS)
- MDPI AG
- Wolters Kluwer
- Informa PLC
- De Gruyter
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wj2ltx/open_access?w=4