DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Transportation Services Global Market Report 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global transportation services market.
- Countries: Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Spain, Russia, UK, USA and Australia.
- Regions: Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East And Africa
- Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, GDP, Expenditure Per Capita, The Transportation Services Market Indicators Comparison.
- Data segmentations: Country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Focus On Alternative Energy Sources
Rail transportation companies are using alternative energy sources to operate their rolling stock and stations. Alternatives for diesel include hydrogen and LNG (already being tested by some rail operators) that can be used to power trains.
The use of alternative energy sources is primarily driven by growing environmental concerns due to climate change and rising fears of energy security. For instance, The Netherlands' national railway company Nederlandse Spoorwegen (NS) and electricity company Eneco is running all its trains on wind energy, since January 2017.
The global transportation services market was estimated to be around $5880 billion as of 2017. The segments in the transportation services include rail transportation, couriers and messengers, air transportation, warehousing and storage, truck transportation, and transit and ground passenger transportation.
- China Railway Corporation
- Deutsche Bahn AG
- Indian Railways
- Russian Railways
- Union Pacific Railroad
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z3vxv4/transportation?w=4
Did you know that we also offer Custom Research? Visit our Custom Research page to learn more and schedule a meeting with our Custom Research Manager.