In March 2016 the first tranche of Senior Managers Regime SMR' for Banks and the Senior Insurance Managers Regime SIMR, for Insurance firms came into force. Both are key components to holding individuals within financial services to account and are designed to address the lack of trust in the Financial Services Sector following the 2008-2009 financial crisis.
The FCA have confirmed that the reset of the industry will be subject to the Senior Managers and imbedded Certification Regime CR' by March 2018 as a replacement of the current Approved Persons regime.
Attending this one day course will give you an overview of what the regulator requires of senior managers and what this means to the firm as a whole. Learn about key considerations and actions, what needs to be done and the responsibilities to be adopted by those of significant influence within your firm.
- Reduce the risks of breaching the new regulation
- Get a real-life perspective on the role of a regulated Senior Manager - The course will help you get a working understanding of the complex rules and give you a firm grasp on your responsibilities, and help you perform your role in a way that protects you and your firm from FCA sanctions.
- Protect you and your firm by identifying your high-risk activities - The course guides you through the practical application of the rules in a way that gives a better understanding of your business and the activities that are putting you at a greater risk.
Key Topics Covered
- The Senior Managers Regime - Regulaiton and requirements
- Implications for Senior Management
- The shape and structure of SMR
- Prescribed responsibilities
- The Certification Regime
- Fit and Proper requirements
- Day to day activities of regulated Senior Managers
- Conduct Rules
- Implications for the wider population of the firm
- Review actions taken by the FCA and PRA
- Review of the good and poor practices of firms that have implemented SMR
Action planning - What actions are to be taken at each level within
For more information about this training visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/p4mh58/1_day_course?w=4