NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), the world’s largest retail bookseller, today announced the launch of its first-ever “Summer Game Night” series at stores nationwide, featuring popular games from Barnes & Noble’s leading selection of board games. Summer Game Night is a great way to have a free, fun night out, starting July 19 and taking place every Thursday at 7 PM for six weeks. Each week there will be a new lineup of games, perfect for families, friends and legions of self-proclaimed “Board Game Geeks” across the country.
“Barnes & Noble is already a destination where people enjoy quality time together, and we are so excited to be able to amp up the fun by offering this incredible Summer Game Night series,” said Kathleen Campisano, Vice President, GMM Toys & Games at Barnes & Noble. “Board game enthusiasts of all ages will be able to share in a night out of fun and laughter as they learn new games and set aside time each week for their old favorites.”
Featured games at every Summer Game Night event will be available at a 10% off discount to customers during the event each week. Plus, at any store with a Barnes & Noble Café, customers will receive an exciting Buy One, Get One Free Frappuccino® offer, and can purchase flatbreads for only $5 during the event.
The exciting lineup of games at the first Summer Game Night series beginning on Thursday, July 19, at 7 PM will include:
- Yeti in My Spaghetti, Ages 4+ (by PlayMonster): In this wacky, fun game, Yeti is just chillin' on the noodles... but as you remove them one by one (be careful!), Yeti could fall into the bowl, and that is not cool! You want Yeti to stay steady on the spaghetti, at least during your turn, if you don't want to lose!
- Exploding Kittens Original, Ages 7+ (by Exploding Kittens): Make any get-together even more fun with the Exploding Kittens Game. This strategic card game has one simple aim -- avoid getting blown up by exploding kitties. This fast-paced, UNO-like game will delight players of all ages as they play action cards in their quest to become the last player standing. The original box includes 56 cards, a box, and instructions, and can be played by itself or combined with other decks to accommodate even more players for more fun.
- Game of Things Card Game, Ages 14+ (by PlayMonster): Pick a topic... Write a response... Guess who said what! This travel/expansion deck of the hilarious game of humor in a box comes with all new topics that can be played on their own, or added to your larger game! Read a topic card and then write down your response. It can be anything that comes to mind, there's no right or wrong answer! Then all the responses are read aloud and you have to figure out who said what! You won't believe the THINGS... you'll hear!
The lineup of games for the upcoming Summer Game Night events will include:
Thursday, July 26, at 7 PM
- Monopoly by Hasbro, Inc. (Ages 8+)
- Scattergories by Hasbro, Inc. (Ages 12+)
- Scrabble by Hasbro, Inc. (Ages 10+)
Thursday, August 2, 7 PM
- Telestrations by USAopoly, Inc. (Ages 12+)
- CLUE: Harry Potter by USAopoly, Inc. (Ages 9+)
- Bananagrams by Bananagrams (Ages 8+)
Thursday, August 9, 7 PM
- Tsuro by Calliope Games (Ages 8+)
- Superfight by Skybound (Ages 8+)
- One Night Ultimate Werewolf by Bezier Games, Inc. (Ages 7+)
Thursday, August 16, 7 PM
- Codenames by CGE (Ages 13+)
- Boss Monster by Brotherwise Games (Ages 13+)
- Sheriff of Nottingham by Arcane Wonders (Ages 13+)
Thursday, August 23, 7 PM
- Carcassonne by Asmodee (Ages 13+)
- Dixit by Asmodee (Ages 6+)
- Mille Bornes by Asmodee (Ages 8+)
During each Summer Game Night event, customers will want to be sure to browse Barnes & Noble’s vast selection of leading games including customer-favorites such as Catan, King of Tokyo, Risk, Rummikub and What Do You Meme?.
Customers are encouraged to invite friends and join them in the fun week after week and to share their Summer Game Night memories using the hashtag, #BNGameNight.
For more information, customers should speak with one of the knowledgeable booksellers at their local store and stay tuned for upcoming announcements.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is the world’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 630 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store (www.nook.com) features digital books, periodicals and comics, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (bnsnaps), and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.