DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Antimony Market by Product Type (Trioxides, Alloys), Application (Flame Retardants, Plastic Additives. Lead-Acid Batteries, Glass & Ceramics), End-Use Industry (Chemical, Automotive, Electrical & Electronics), and Region - Global Forecast to 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The antimony market size is estimated to be USD 1.77 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 2.37 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 6% between 2018 and 2023.
The increasing demand for antimony in the chemical industry is one of the most significant factors driving the antimony market. Antimony is a rare silvery-white, shiny, brittle, semiconducting element which is used in flame retardant, plastic additives, refining agent, pacifier, and alloying agent. Environmental & health concerns and the high price of antimony are restraining the growth of the antimony market.
Around 70% of the antimony produced is consumed in the form of antimony trioxide (ATO), globally. ATO is used in flame retardant, plastic additives, glass & ceramics, and pigment applications. Owing to its wide-range applications, the ATO segment is projected to lead the antimony market during the forecast period.
The chemical industry is the major consumer of antimony. Antimony is used in the chemical industry as a flame synergist, catalyst, and stabilizer. Antimony trioxide or triacetate form is used as a polycondensation catalyst in the late-stage polymerization of PET production. Antimony is also used as a stabilizer in plastic production that is susceptible to degradation by heat and ultraviolet light (UV).
- Increasing Fire Safety Regulations
- Growing Use in Plastic Additive Application
- Environmental and Health Concerns Restricting the Growth of Antimony Market
- High Prices of Antimony
- Declining Use of Antimonial Lead
- Reduced Production in China
- Exploration of Newly Discovered Antimony Reserves
- Recycling of Antimony
- Overcoming Geopolitical Tensions
Key Topics Covered
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Premium Insights
5 Market Overview
6 Antimony Market, By Product Type
7 Antimony Market, By Application
8 Antimony Market, By End-Use Industry
9 Antimony Market, By Region
10 Company Profiles
- American Elements
- AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group
- Amspec Chemical Corporation
- Atomized Products Group, Inc.
- Belmont Metals
- Cambrian Mining PLC
- Consolidated Murchison Mine
- Geopromining, Ltd.
- Hsikwangshan Twinkling Star Co. Ltd.
- Huachang Antimony Industry
- Hubei Yongcheng Antimony Industry Co. Ltd.
- Hunan Chenzhou Mining Group Co., Ltd
- Korea Zinc
- Lambert Metals International Limited
- Mandalay Resources Ltd
- Nihon Seiko Co., Ltd.
- Nyacol Nano Technologies, Inc.
- Suzuhiro Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Tri-Star Resources PLC
- United States Antimony Corporation
- Yunnan Muli Antimony Industry Co., Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/lvq7nt/global_outlook_on?w=4