DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "China
Hog Industry and Investment Analysis Report (2017 - 2018)"
report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's
In 2017, hog prices decline, but hog industry remains hot and will usher
in its golden time. Environmental protection policy accelerates
supply-side reform, and large groups speed up the layout in the hog
1. Hog prices fluctuate down in 2017, the profit of the whole year is about 300 yuan less than last year, and industry prosperity is high:
Hog prices declined to 13 yuan/kg now from 18yuan/kg at the beginning of
2017 after high prices and high profit for more than one year. Farmers
who purchase piglets for fattening suffered some losses intermittently.
It's predicted that hog prices will continue to decline in 2018, and or
will rebound at the end of 2018.
2. For environmental protection, hog industry cuts down capacity and optimizes farming structure:
The year of 2017 is the deadline of closing or removing farms in
breeding-prohibiting area. So far, about 213,000 livestock farms have
been closed or removed nationwide, and hog capacity has decreased about
32 million head across the whole year. Except Sichuan and Hunan haven't
announced the accurate time of finishing removal and Guangxi will
complete the removal at the end of 2018, other provinces and
municipalities all will finish this job before the end of 2017.
3. Hog supply is tightly balanced with demand, and imported pork makes an effective supplement for the domestic market:
Domestic pork consumption was stable relatively, and saw little change
in 2017. Due to the removing of farms in the farming-prohibited area in
domestic, hog production capacity reduced to some extent, and pork
supply was tightly balanced. The total annual pork imports were 1.22
million tons. The imports decreased somewhat compared with last year but
still kept at a higher level historically.
4. There are increasingly integration opportunities in the hog industry, large enterprises accelerate investments, and the concentration rate is rising slowly:
Besides major hog farming groups such as Wens, Truein, Muyuan, and others accelerate expansion in 2017, and many large-scale feed enterprises like New Hope, Zhengbang Group, Da Bei Nong, Wellhope Agri-Tech extended their industrial chain to farming and scramble to seize resources.
Key Topics Covered
- Part One: Analysis and Forecast on Global Pork Market
- Part Two: Analysis and forecast on China's hog industry
- Part Three: Listed companies in domestic hog industry in 2017
- Part Four: Analysis of main investments in China's hog industry
- Da Bei Nong
- Hunan New Wellful Co., Ltd
- Longda Meat
- New Hope
- Shenzhen Kingsino Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shineway Group
- TRS Group
- Wens Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t3b6sx/china_hog?w=4