DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Executive Analysis of BMW's Global Powertrain Strategies, Forecast to 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This study outlines the powertrain strategies of BMW AG for the next decade. An analysis of advancements in combustion engine technology, transmission technology, hybrid and electric propulsion strategies, and lightweighting approaches has been included in the research. This study gives a comprehensive picture of the kind of transformation the company will be undergoing in terms of its powertrain technologies as it prepares to cater to the next level of emission targets, testing cycles, while at the same time, addressing evolving customer demands.
A few strategic findings are discussed below:
- BMW feels that diesel will remain very important to their vehicle offering for the next 20 years. However, the aggressive electrification plan could play a significant role in making BMW diesels less favorable to the market.
- BMW's continued focus on diesel engine development is backed by its high efficiency aftertreatment system which is a combination of NOx storage catalyst and selective catalytic reduction, enabling RDE compliance.
- Effective combustion, emission advantages, performance improvement and parts standardization are the prime reasons why BMW will standardize 500 cc displacement for 3-cylinder, 4-cylinder, and straight six engines.
BMW has a basket of right sized engines, particularly up to 3L.
- Technology: Engine Downsizing, Turbocharging, Direct Injection Gasoline Systems
- Application: Powertrain and Emissions, Engine Technologies, Gasoline, Diesel and EV Technologies, CO2 Reduction
- Regions: North America, Europe, China, Japan
Aim: To understand the powertrain strategies of BMW AG, to examine their road map to compliance, and evaluate the importance and future of each propulsion type: gasoline, diesel, hybrid, fully electric, and fuel cells.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qjzl2z/executive?w=4
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.