LOWELL, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Guided by its mission to provide neighborhood-friendly customer service, Roche Bros. Supermarkets, a leading grocery chain, is driving business results with a modern workforce management solution from Kronos Incorporated. Leveraging the Kronos Workforce Central suite and proven implementation methodology, Roche Bros. is achieving strong results in key areas that impact business success such as the employee and customer experiences. The technology investment ultimately underscores Roche Bros.’ commitment to delivering a consistent in-store shopping experience through increased employee engagement and productivity.
- Roche Bros., a family-operated grocery chain, is deploying Workforce Central in the Kronos Cloud across its entire network of supermarkets employing 4,600 associates, including salaried, hourly, full-, and part-time workers.
- Roche Bros. is committed to enhancing the customer experience by prioritizing its employee experience and Kronos is helping empower and engage employees by providing advanced features and functionality. These include the Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, forecasting, and employee self-service applications.
- Roche Bros. is partnering with Kronos professional services to achieve superior time to value by bringing immediate benefits to its employees with a proven implementation methodology, Kronos Paragon. This approach combines innovation, deep domain knowledge, best-practice expertise, and more than 40 years of Kronos experience working with customers to configure an optimal solution for each industry’s specific profile, including grocery.
- Workforce Central is designed for organizations with complex, enterprise-wide workforce management requirements, such as grocers managing a diverse group of employees across multiple departments, to deliver optimal customer experiences. By leveraging the suite’s forecasting solution integrated with time and attendance and scheduling applications, Roche Bros. is creating accurate daily – and even hourly – schedules to meet customer needs and boost sales, factoring in department- or counter-specific traffic patterns.
- The forecasting solution also provides managers at specific locations access to actionable insights, aligning labor volume to anticipated demand. This helps avoid under- or over-staffing scenarios that can be frustrating to associates and customers as well as prove costly for stores. Additionally, the employee self-service features are allowing employees to have more control of their schedules, while freeing up managers to focus more on customer-facing and employee-mentoring tasks.
Michael Moriello, payroll and process analyst, Roche Bros.
“Kronos has been instrumental in our efforts to increase employee engagement and labor productivity by not only simplifying the scheduling process but also by empowering our associates with a workforce management solution that appeals to today’s talent. We anticipate this solution will continue to build on our reputation as a customer-focused employer.”
Martin Linusson, vice president, retail and hospitality services,
“Roche Bros. maintains a uniquely loyal group of customers who are drawn to the grocer’s friendly service and quality foods. We are pleased that the progressive grocery chain – which has always put its employees first – has chosen Kronos to deploy advanced workforce scheduling and forecasting solutions to drive operational efficiency, employee engagement, and continued customer satisfaction.”
- About Roche Bros.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
About Roche Bros.
Roche Bros. is a family business, employing more than 4,600 associates in its 20 Roche Bros., Sudbury Farms and Brothers Marketplace grocery stores. Headquartered in Wellesley, Mass., Roche Bros. offers the highest quality meat, seafood and produce, favorite food brands, full-service catering, and home delivery. Second generation owners Rick and Ed Roche carry on the family tradition, operating Roche Bros. with a passion for great food and great customer service. For more information, please visit www.rochebros.com.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.