BOULDER, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LogRhythm, The Security Intelligence Company, today announced that its employees will, once again, take the plunge into Boulder Creek as part of Boulder’s 11th annual Tube to Work Day on July 11, 2018. The Boulder Creek annual aquatic commute is designed to highlight alternative modes of transportation in what has become the world’s wackiest, wettest commute. This year’s event is expected to attract over 800 participants.
What: Tube to Work Day is Boulder’s one and only aquatic mass transit commute. It is free and open to the public, but registration and waivers are required. Participants also are required to bring their own inner tubes and helmets. Participants will gather at Eben G. Fine Park, where they will enter Boulder Creek and tube to their various places of employment downstream. Business attire (over wetsuits) is encouraged.
- Optional donations to the Boulder Shelter for the Homeless are being encouraged again this year – recommended donation: an hour’s salary
- Free breakfast and hot coffee, provided by LogRhythm, will be available near the Broadway underpass at Central Park
- Live music will also be provided in Central Park during breakfast
- In the spirit of alternative commuting (and limited parking), driving personal vehicles to Eben Fine Park is discouraged. Please walk, bike or carpool.
When: Ceremony begins on Friday, July 11, 2018 at 8 a.m. MDT. The first wave of tubers will enter the water at 8:20 a.m.
Where: Eben G. Fine Park, 101 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder, CO 80302
Why: Tube to Work Day is one of the most fun, exhilarating and unique community events in Boulder each year. It was founded by two friends, Jeff Kagan and Andy Gruel, in 2008 and is now a summer tradition, with attendance numbers growing each year.
Who: Jeff Kagan and Andy Gruel, Tube to Work Day co-founders and LogRhythm executives Andy Grolnick and Chris Petersen will be available for press interviews and commentary prior to and onsite the day of the event.
Suggested Shot List:
- Ribbon cutting at Eben G. Park with oversized novelty scissors; tubers launching from the park
- Hundreds of commuters floating down Boulder Creek
- LogRhythm co-workers launching their inner tubes, and chatting and interacting in inner tubes
- Bacon fishing off the 9th Street Bridge
- 6th Street cheer station
For up-to-date information on Tube to Work Day, check out www.facebook.com/TubeToWorkDay.
LogRhythm is a world leader in NextGen SIEM, empowering organizations on six continents to successfully reduce risk by rapidly detecting, responding to and neutralizing damaging cyberthreats. The LogRhythm platform combines user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA), network traffic and behavior analytics (NTBA) and security automation & orchestration (SAO) in a single end-to-end solution. LogRhythm’s Threat Lifecycle Management (TLM) workflow serves as the foundation for the AI-enabled Security Operations Center (SOC), helping customers measurably secure their cloud, physical and virtual infrastructures for both IT and OT environments. Built for security professionals by security professionals, the LogRhythm platform has won many accolades, including being positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s SIEM Magic Quadrant.