DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Middle East and North Africa OTT TV and Video Forecasts" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The MENA region will have 20.8 million movie and TV series SVOD subscribers by 2023, up from the 5.22 million recorded by end-2017.
From the 20 countries covered in the Middle East & North Africa OTT TV & Video Forecasts report, Turkey will remain the leader by some distance, with 6.72 million subscribers by 2023 - or a third of the region's total.
Netflix is dominant across the MENA region. This is partly because it operates in more territories than its Arabic competitors - it has significant sub bases in Israel and Turkey. However, its success is down to more than geographic reach. The global appeal of its original content has spread throughout the region.
From its regional total of 7.41 million, Netflix will have 3.57 million subscribers in Arabic-speaking countries by 2023. This is higher than its nearest rival Starz Play (2.8 million).
The top eight multinational platforms (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Icflix, Starz Play, Iflix, Wavo, beIN Connect and Shahid Plus) will account for three-quarters of the region's SVOD subscribers by end-2023, up from 56% in 2017. Extracting Israel and Turkey, these eight platforms will retain 91% of SVOD subscribers.
- Amazon Prime Video
- Starz Play
- beIN Connect
- Shahid Plus
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive summary and regional forecasts, with handy comparison tables to reveal the best growth prospects;
2. Major SVOD platforms, including market share for each;
3. Regional forecasts summary from 2010 to 2023 by platform, by household penetration, by SVOD subscribers and by OTT revenues;
4. Top-line forecasts (population, population per household, households, TV households, fixed broadband homes, smartphone users, tablet users) for 20 countries;
5. Country profiles for 20 territories;
6. Detailed country forecasts for 20 nations.
7. New for 2018: Prospects, Subscriber forecasts for 20 countries in a visually-appealing 44-page document.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9m8b9v/middle_east_and?w=4