VANCOUVER, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MLG Blockchain, a global consulting and development firm, will present Canadian Law & Blockchain Technology panel discussion, which will take place on Thursday, July 12th from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. PDT.
The panel discussion is open to the public and will take place at the Vancouver Convention Centre to showcase how blockchain technology fits into the Canadian legal system both provincially and federally. Guests are asked to register for the event and purchase tickets at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/panel-discussion-on-the-legal-landscape-of-blockchain-technology-in-canada-tickets-46991530934.
The agenda will focus on blockchain related issues as they intersect with Canadian law, ranging from securities to taxes, anti-money laundering, Ponzi schemes and digital assets.
The panelists include:
- Ron Segev, the founding partner of Segev LLP and legal representative for token and coin generators;
- Gal Smolar, a business lawyer involved in the formation of Canadian technology accelerators;
- Maya Medeiros, an intellectual property lawyer, patent agent and trademark agent with extensive experience in blockchain technology and cybersecurity;
- James Leong, senior legal counsel at the British Columbia Securities Commission; and
- Steve Parr, the partner and founder of Parr Business & Blockchain Law in downtown Vancouver.
The panel will be moderated by Aviv Milner, president of BlockSpace Solutions Inc., also out of Vancouver.
“By bringing together panelists with a litany of expertise in the legal and financial technology industries to discuss the blockchain’s legal framework, MLG Blockchain hopes to support the integrity of digital assets and distributed ledger technology as they find their place in the Canadian legal system,“ said Cyrus Montazemi Manager of Enterprise Strategy at MLG Blockchain.
About MLG Blockchain
MLG Blockchain is a global consulting and development firm that builds solutions using blockchains and smart contract technology. We are headquartered in Toronto and NYC with a decentralized team that provides end-to-end solutions for startups, enterprise and government clients. MLG is a blockchain agnostic firm with expertise that covers all aspects of the ecosystem. Our years of industry experience and international network will accelerate your understanding and implementation of blockchain technology to stay competitive.