DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "In Vitro Diagnostics/IVD Market by Product (Instruments, Reagents), Technology (Immunoassay, Clinical Chemistry, Molecular Diagnostics, Hematology, Urinalysis), Application (Diabetes, Oncology, Cardiology, Nephrology) - Forecast to 2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global in vitro diagnostics market is projected to reach US$87.93 billion by 2023, from US$68.12 billion in 2018, at a CAGR of 5.2%. This report broadly segments the market into product & service, technology, application, end user, and region.
On the basis of technology, the market is broadly divided into immunochemistry/immunoassay, clinical chemistry, molecular diagnostics, hematology, microbiology, coagulation & hemostasis, urinalysis, and other technologies. The immunochemistry/immunoassay segment is expected to dominate the market in 2018. The large share of this segment is primarily attributed to the growing preference for these technologies in clinical diagnostics over conventional methods and the ability of immunoassay/immunochemistry technologies to offer faster results with high-sensitivity and accuracy.
On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into laboratories, hospitals, academic institutes, point-of-care testing, patient self-testing, and other end users. The hospitals segment accounted for the largest share of the IVD market in 2017, owing to the large volume of diagnostic tests carried out in hospitals. However, the point-of-care testing segment is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- Rising Geriatric Population and Subsequent Growth in the Prevalence of Chronic and Infectious Diseases
- Increasing Adoption of Fully Automated Instruments and Automation in Laboratories
- Growing Awareness on Personalized Medicine
- Increasing Adoption of Point-of-Care Testing
- Unfavorable Reimbursement Scenario
- Development of Condition-Specific Markers and Tests
- Growing Significance of Companion Diagnostics
- Growth Opportunities in Emerging Countries
- Changing Regulatory Landscape
- Operational Barriers Faced in Conducting Diagnostic Tests
Key Topics Covered
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Premium Insights
5 Market Overview
6 Industry Insights
7 In Vitro Diagnostics Market, By Product & Service
8 In Vitro Diagnostics Market, By Technology
9 In Vitro Diagnostics Market, By Application
10 In Vitro Diagnostics Market, By End User
11 In Vitro Diagnostics Market, By Region
12 Competitive Landscape
13 Company Profiles
- Abbott Laboratories, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Biomrieux Sa
- Danaher Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (A Part of Carlyle Group)
- Roche Diagnostics
- Siemens AG
- Sysmex Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/spst4h/global_outlook_on?w=4