DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Harmonized Tariff Schedule Classification 2018 Seminar" training has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This seminar will help you to understand, through simple examples and workshops, the rules that are required to classify products in the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), or Schedule B.
Importers or exporters can be subject to severe penalties if they use incorrect numbers for their imported or exported products. This seminar will assist in helping to minimize errors in classification of products and better prepare companies for import/export audits from the government.
Each attendee will receive a reference book titled Tariff Classification Using the Harmonized Tariff Schedule by Jan Seal, workshop materials, and a hard copy of PPT presentation.
Course Outline: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Session Start Time: 8:30 AM
There will be two 15-minute breaks (morning/afternoon)
- 8:30 - 9.00 AM: History and Legal Text of HTS
9:00 - 9:30 AM: Structure of the Harmonized System;
- Comparison of HTS with Schedule B; Member Countries
- 9:30 - 11:30 AM: General Rules of Interpretation 1 through 3
- 11:30 - 12:00 Noon: Workshop #1
- 12:00 - 1:00 PM: Lunch
1:00 - 2:00 PM: General Rules of Interpretation 4 through 6
- Additional U.S. Rules 1(a) through 1(d)
- 2:00 - 2:45 PM: General Notes, Classification Rulings
- 2:45 - 3:45 PM: Workshop #2
- 3:45 - 4:00 PM: Final Questions & Answers
For more information about this training visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/823qg7/1_day_seminar?w=4