DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Frozen Pizza Market by Crust Type, Topping, and Distribution Channel - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2017-2023" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
According to the report, the global frozen pizza market was valued at $11,113 million in 2016 and is projected to reach $17,296 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of 6.4% from 2017 to 2023. In 2016, the regular thin crust segment accounted for approximately three fifths of the share in the global market, in terms of value.
Factors such as increased disposable income, rise in standard of living, and rapid increase in number of large retail chains drives the growth of the frozen pizza market. Moreover, increase in popularity of gluten-free frozen pizza further fuels the market growth.
In 2016, the regular thin crust segment accounted for the highest market share in the global frozen pizza market. Frozen pizzas are trending toward thin crusts, owing to its reduced calories and health association they offer as compared to the other stuffed and deep-dish frozen pizzas. Thus, growth in health consciousness among the consumer is anticipated to drive the regular thin crust frozen pizzas market.
However, frozen pizza has been perceived as less nutritious and are assumed to consist a high quantity of sodium and preservatives; this notion among consumers is projected to hamper the market growth. Poor freezing facilities in semi-urban and rural areas further restrains the growth of the market.
Growth in R&D activities by various frozen pizza manufacturers for advancement in freezing technology and increase in establishment of multiple fast food outlets in emerging economies are expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the market players.
- North America accounted for the largest market share and is expected to grow at a significant CAGR of 6.2% from 2017 to 2023, followed by Europe, in terms of value.
- In 2016, regular thin crust segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 6.9%.
- In 2016, meat topping accounted for the highest market share and is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 7.2%
- In 2016, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR of 8.8%.
- In 2016, the U.S. generated the highest revenue, accounting for approximately two-fifths share in the global market.
- Amy's Kitchen, Inc.
- ConAgra Brands, Inc.
- Daiya Foods Inc.
- Dr. August Oetker KG
- Freiberger Lebensmittel GmbH & Co.
- General Mills, Inc.
- Hansen Foods, LLC
- Nestle S.A.
- Palermo Villa, Inc.
- Schwan's Shared Services, LLC
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f6n94c/global_analysis?w=4