SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW), today announced a new initiative to help workers make the case to work remotely during the week of the Fourth of July. This initiative encourages workers to open a conversation with their bosses around a work from home solution to help them take advantage of the unusual timing of the holiday this year. With CyberLink’s unified communication tool, U, employees can stay in touch with co-workers in real-time and participate in group meetings, discussions and presentations from home. Using the seamless platform, as well as tips for starting the remote work conversation and staying productive when working from home, CyberLink aims to help workers enjoy the holiday to the fullest.
This year, Independence Day falls in the middle of the week, and not everyone has the luxury to take extra vacation days, so CyberLink created a solution to give them the best of both worlds. With pre-written “Work from Home” request email templates and tips to maximize productivity at home, CyberLink’s U platform is helping employees work with their bosses to create a productive work environment at home, giving them the flexibility needed to enjoy the holiday week with friends and family.
Replacing outdated and out-of-touch web conferencing systems, U provides a simple and easy-to-use solution for virtual meetings, webinars and group messaging wherever you are on any device. Its three main features include U Messenger, U Meeting and U Webinar. The platform offers a forum for easy team collaboration with drag-and-drop file sharing, high-definition browser-based video meetings for up to 100 participants and webinars with screen sharing, PowerPoint integration, live annotations and more.
“Many bosses fall victim to the stigma around remote workers and refuse to allow their employees to work from home in fear of productivity loss. When in reality, if using the right tools, like the U product suite, working from home can be an even more beneficial solution that can also improve employee satisfaction,” said Dr. Jau Huang, CEO of CyberLink. “With U, we’re aiming to help hardworking Americans make the most out of the Fourth of July holiday and spend some well-deserved time with their family and friends, without missing a beat in the office.”
CyberLink’s U, in addition to serving as a complete solution for remote workers, is the most simple and intuitive unified communication tool for any office providing the instruments to increase productivity and office communication.
For more information please visit: https://www.cyberlink.com/event/workfromhome.
Key Features of U
- High quality HD video meetings with up to 100 participants
- Browser-based meetings with no download required for participants, so meetings start on time
- Lag-free, high frame rate screen sharing
- Compatible with Outlook and Google Calendar scheduling
- Full Microsoft PowerPoint integration, in addition to screen sharing capabilities
- Mix and arrange PowerPoint content and other sources (i.e. webcam, desktop sharing, white board etc.) effortlessly
- Jump through slides in any order to adjust presentations on-the-fly and add live annotations
- Engage both in-room and remote audiences simultaneously
- Record presentations during live broadcasts or offline
- Edit pre-recorded webinars on a modular (slide-by-slide) basis
- Schedule a pre-recorded session to play on a dedicated URL at a specific time
- Create simple team rooms for easy communication and file sharing
- Bring your messages to life and enhance team spirit with a range of engaging stickers
- Share files with simple drag 'n' drop function
- Create surveys and polls in groups
- Create forums for business discussion and send bulletins to group members
- Available instantly on desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile
U is available today from the U website in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, and Korean.
U provides different subscription plans tailored to particular business requirements. For meetings and webinars, plans are available according to the number of participants and session duration needed. A free version of U offers meetings and webinars for up to 25 participants for a maximum of 50 minutes and 60 minutes respectively.
CyberLink (5203.TW) is a world leader in multimedia software design. Since 1996, CyberLink has transformed how people enjoy and create media on PCs, mobile devices and in the Cloud. The company’s award-winning products are sold to all major PC manufacturers as well as millions of customers worldwide. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, CyberLink also runs regional operations through offices in the US, Japan, Europe and Asia-Pacific territories. Further information about CyberLink can be found at cyberlink.com.
All companies and product names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and are the sole property of their respective owners. Copyright © 2018 CyberLink Corp. All rights reserved.