NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Recent polls by marketing consultancy Silver Disobedience Inc. reveal vital insights into the Changing Face of Aging™.
An amazing collective of 42,571 respondents* whose average ages ranged from 45-65 answered questions regarding age and perceptions of aging in 2018. This valuable information provides companies, advertisers and marketing agencies with significant revelations. (*75 percent women; 25 percent men)
The polling research by Silver Disobedience found that:
- 70 percent feel that crossing age fifty (50) put them in the prime of their lives, with 76 percent feeling very optimistic about the future.
- 83 percent reported that their confidence levels have risen with each year and that they are far more confident than they were 10 years ago.
- 97 percent believe their attitudes are more youthfully oriented than past generations at comparable ages.
- Only 12 percent of those over age forty-five (45) define themselves by age.
While all of this is clearly great news:
- 87 percent still feel that “older women” are negatively stereotyped.
- Only 9 percent believe that television shows and movies accurately reflect people who are older than fifty (50) today.
- Only 16 percent believe advertisers are targeting this demographic appropriately.
Commenting on the results of these polls, Silver Disobedience Founder Dian Griesel said: “These telling results, coupled with the engaged and passionate daily dialogue exchanged with my loyal Silver Disobedience™ readers, expose an entirely new image as to what 'getting older' looks like today. Many of the thoughts shared in real time by the Silver Disobedience community express that marketers need to pay more attention to the variety of lifestyles that are being redefined by those ages fifty plus (50+) in the United States today—which collectively makes up 42% of after-tax income in the US, or approximately $2.4 trillion, and is spending an estimated $400 billion annually.”
Silver Disobedience™ was founded by Dian Griesel, 57, a longtime marketing and public relations strategist, and now also a model in the Wilhelmina New York Icon division who has appeared in many national advertising campaigns. An award-winning, best-selling author of business and health books, Griesel began writing as @SilverDisobedience in late Fall 2017. More than 200,000 people (and growing) in the 45+ demographic engage with her daily posts via her website and branded @SilverDisobedience social media pages. This loyal active community has responded with an unusual depth of engagement: her posts have elicited over 100,000 extensive, heartfelt comments thus far.
About Silver Disobedience Inc.
Silver Disobedience Inc. advises companies and marketing agencies that seek to better understand the real lives, likes, wants and needs of the 48+ demographic. Silver Disobedience is selectively considering vertical-exclusive semiannual and annual sponsorship agreements with companies that seek to engage directly with this demographic via its website, blog and branded social media properties which together reach more than 2 million attentive people weekly.