FRANKFURT, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--International Supercomputing Conference – Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX), a leading supplier of end-to-end interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced that for the first time, InfiniBand solutions accelerate the top three supercomputers on the TOP500 list, and four of the top five systems: the fastest High-Performance Computing (HPC) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) supercomputer in the world deployed at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, the fastest supercomputer in China ranked second on the list, the second fastest supercomputer in the US deployed at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory ranked third, and the fastest HPC and AI supercomputer in Japan, ranked fifth.
Mellanox connects 43 percent of overall TOP500 platforms or 216 systems, including both InfiniBand and Ethernet, compared to 192 systems in Nov’17, representing 13% increase in six months.
InfiniBand accelerates nearly 60 percent of the total HPC systems on the list and is the most used high-speed interconnect for the top 100, 200, 300 and 400 systems. InfiniBand is the interconnect of choice for HPC and AI infrastructures.
The TOP500 List has evolved in the recent years to include more hyperscale, cloud, and enterprise platforms, in addition to the high-performance computing and machine learning systems. Nearly half of the systems on the June 2018 list can be categorized as non-HPC application platforms, with a vast part of these systems representing US, Chinese and other hyperscale infrastructures, and are interconnected with Ethernet. Mellanox Ethernet solutions connect all of the 25 gigabit and faster Ethernet systems on the list, summed up to 76 platforms or 31 percent of the total Ethernet systems on the TOP500.
“Mellanox InfiniBand and Ethernet solutions now connect 216 systems on the TOP500 list, an increase of 13 percent in six months from Nov’17 to June’18. InfiniBand smart acceleration and In-Network Computing technology provide the highest performance and scalability for HPC and AI applications, and therefore InfiniBand is the interconnect of choice for the majority of these supercomputing platforms around the world. We are proud to accelerate the world’s fastest supercomputer in the US and in the world, the fastest supercomputers in China, Japan, Germany, Canada, Italy, and other countries. InfiniBand enables research, government and industry organizations to find new discoveries and better data insights never possible before, and to develop new generations of products by maximizing data center performance and overall return on investment,” said Eyal Waldman, president and CEO of Mellanox Technologies. “Because of their leading technology advantages, our Ethernet solutions connect all of the 25 gigabit and faster Ethernet based systems on the TOP500 list, demonstrating the growing adoption of our Ethernet NICs, switches and cables for hyperscale, cloud and enterprise infrastructures. Our HDR 200Gb/s InfiniBand and Ethernet solutions will further increase our technology advantage and will enable the next generation of the world’s leading supercomputers.”
Published twice a year and publicly available at: www.top500.org, the TOP500 list ranks the world’s most powerful computer systems according to the Linpack benchmark rating system. Key takeaways from the June 2018 list include:
- Mellanox connects 43% of overall TOP500 systems or 216 systems (InfiniBand and Ethernet), compared to 192 systems in Nov’17, 13% increase
- InfiniBand accelerates the fastest HPC and AI supercomputer in the world – Oak Ridge National Laboratory ‘Summit’ system
- InfiniBand accelerates 4 of the top 5 supercomputers in the world - #1 (USA), #2 (China), #3 (USA), #5 (Japan); and overall 140 systems on the list
- InfiniBand connects nearly 60% of overall HPC systems on the TOP500 list
- InfiniBand is the most used high-speed interconnect for the top 100, 200, 300 and 400 systems
- Mellanox connects 76 Ethernet systems (all 25G and faster), or 31% of total Ethernet systems
- The TOP500 list has evolved to Include both HPC and Cloud / Hyperscale (non-HPC) platforms
- Nearly half of the platforms on the TOP500 list can be categorized as non-HPC application platforms (mostly Ethernet-based)
- InfiniBand is the interconnect of choice for HPC and AI infrastructures
- Mellanox Ethernet is the interconnect of choice for Cloud and Hyperscale platforms
A detailed TOP500 presentation can be found here: TOP500
Visit Mellanox Technologies at International Supercomputing conference (June 25-27)
Visit Mellanox Technologies at International Supercomputing conference 2018 (booth #E-911) to learn more about the our InfiniBand and Ethernet solutions, the new 200G HDR InfiniBand systems and to see the full suite of Mellanox’s end-to-end high-performance products.
- Learn more about Mellanox products and solutions at: www.mellanox.com
- Learn more about Mellanox HPC at http://www.mellanox.com/solutions/hpc/
- Follow Mellanox on: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Join the Mellanox Community
Mellanox Technologies (NASDAQ: MLNX) is a leading supplier of end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet smart interconnect solutions and services for servers and storage. Mellanox interconnect solutions increase data center efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance capability. Mellanox offers a choice of fast interconnect products: adapters, switches, software and silicon that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high performance computing, enterprise data centers, Web 2.0, cloud, storage and financial services. More information is available at: www.mellanox.com.
Note: Mellanox is a trademark of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners