DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Painful Diabetic Neuropathy Drugs Market Size, Market Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts, 2018 To 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The painful diabetic neuropathy drugs market was valued at US$ 4,811.8 Mn in 2017 and expected to reach US$ 8,962.0 Mn by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 6.6 % from 2018 to 2026.
The growth of this market primarily driven by the ever-growing pool of geriatric population with diabetes. The rise in availability of suitable treatment options and the growing awareness on PDN catalyzes the demand for PDN drugs. With only four drugs currently approved for the management of PDN (Lyrica, Cymbalta, Nucynta and Qutenza), there arises a huge opportunity for new and emerging market players with potential pipeline portfolio.
Of the marketed products analyzed, Lyrica accounted for a maximum market share in 2017 and will continue similar trend through 2026. The recent approval of Lyrica's control release formulation in October 2017 further augments its market growth. The PDN drugs market observes a presence of strong pipeline portfolio, which would facilitate the overall growth during the forecast period from 2018 to 2026. ViroMed Co. Ltd.'s VM202 currently in phase III is the only gene therapy developed with disease modifying properties. However, the higher pricing of gene therapy could hamper the growth of VM202 in the near future.
Key Market Movements:
- Globally painful diabetic neuropathy drugs market projects a steady growth with a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period from 2018 to 2026
- Presence of strong product pipeline primarily contributed to the CAGR of this market
- With only four product approved for PDN, there arises extensive opportunities for newer industrial players
- Rising prevalence of diabetes across geographies increases the risk for PDN thus fuelling the overall market growth
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Preface
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
Chapter 3. Global Painful Diabetic Neuropathy Drugs Market: Dynamics and Future Outlook
Chapter 4. Global Painful Diabetic Neuropathy Drugs Market, by Drug Type, 2016 - 2026 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 5. Global Painful Diabetic Neuropathy Drugs Market, by Geography, 2016 - 2026 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 6. Profiles
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Grunenthal GmbH
- Daiichi-Sankyo Company Limited
- ViroMed Co. Ltd.
- Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
- Mallinckrodt, Inc.
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gf8dfr/global_painful?w=4