WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Direct Selling Association (DSA) Annual Meeting will discuss sharing best practices for the direct selling industry and exploring new ways to continue developing America’s Original Entrepreneurs, June 18-19, in San Diego, CA at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina.
“Direct selling is poised to be the next retail channel of choice for many consumers, and the DSA annual meeting provides direct selling leaders the opportunity to share information about industry best practices, important advocacy initiatives and the coming implementation of the Association’s business ethics program,” said Joseph N. Mariano, president and chief executive officer of the Direct Selling Association.
The meeting will also focus on consumer perceptions and awareness of direct selling as well as the future launch of the enhanced self-regulation for the direct selling industry. In addition, DSA will unveil its annual market-sizing (Growth & Outlook) survey results, and DSA will present current trends on how Americans like to shop and earn and the implications for direct selling.
DSA Chairman of the Board and Amway Chief Sales Officer John Parker said, “The DSA has a long history of setting, maintaining, evolving and enforcing high standards for ethics and self-regulation. The marketplace has changed and the time is now for the industry to innovate and develop a new model for ensuring we continue to raise the bar on the protection of consumers.”
The New York Times best-selling author of “Better and Faster” and CEO of TrendHunter.com, Jeremy Gutsche, will provide insight on growth and innovation as the featured speaker on “Disruption and Creating an Adaptable Culture.” Other general sessions with DSA leadership include:
Direct selling industry leadership providing keynotes and/or leading
panels, such as:
- Roger Barnett, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Shaklee
- Brett Blake, Chief Executive Officer, AdvoCare International, LP
- Traci Lynn Burton, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Traci Lynn Jewelry
- Angela Chrysler, President and Chief Executive Officer, Team National
- Dan Chard, Chief Executive Officer, Medifast-OPTAVIA
- Richard Goudis, Chief Executive Officer, Herbalife Nutrition
- Kevin Guest, Chief Executive Officer, USANA Health Sciences, Inc.
- Darren Jensen, President and Chief Executive Officer, LifeVantage Corporation
- Ryan Napierski, President, NuSkin Enterprises
- John Parker, Chief Sales Officer, Amway
- Connie Tang, Chief Executive Officer, Princess House, Inc.
- Britney Vickery, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Initials, Inc.
- Dave Wentz, Chairman, Direct Selling Education Foundation (DSEF)
- Scott White, Chief Executive Officer, New Avon, LLC
U.S. Congressional keynotes are:
- U.S. Congressman Tony Cardenas (D-CA)
- U.S. Congressman John Moolenaar (R-MI)
The full meeting and conference schedule can be viewed here.
Special events at the Annual Meeting also include the DSA Industry Awards Gala with the announcement of the DSA Hall of Fame, as well as the celebration of the Direct Selling Education Foundation (DSEF) Academic of the Year and Circle of Honor inductees.
Diamond sponsor for the DSA Annual Meeting is Jenkon Mobile Software. Meeting sponsors are: 4Life; AdvoCare International, LP; Amway; Avon; Biova; SAP; CVent; Landmark Global; Herbalife Nutrition; Iacono; PC Nametag; ProPay; Mary Kay; MIG; NuSkin; Shaklee; Team National; Thatcher Technology Group; Traci Lynn Jewelry; Visible Supply Chain Management.
For media inquiries or to obtain a media pass, please contact Ginger Greenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE DIRECT SELLING ASSOCIATION
The Direct Selling Association (DSA) is the national trade association for companies that offer entrepreneurial opportunities to independent sellers to market and sell products and services, typically outside of a fixed retail establishment. In 2017, 18.6 million Americans were involved in some capacity in direct selling in every state, congressional district and community across the United States. In 2017, direct selling generated $34.9 billion in retail sales.