DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Electric Vehicle Plastics - Global Market Outlook (2017-2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Factors influencing the market growth are light-weight plastic applications, BEV as the contributor, environmental concerns regarding the requirement for electric vehicles and demand due to performance competency as compared to metal.
Recycling of plastic materials, limited number of powertrain components in EV compared to conventional vehicles and high prices of composites are hindering the market growth.
Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) requires maximum amount of plastic materials in order to make the vehicle light-weighted. Small manufacturers specialized in electric cars such as REVA, Duracar and Lumeneo generally opt for tubular chassis with plastic bodies, which are much lighter than steel bodies.
Polypropylene (PP) is widely used in electric vehicles. Honeycomb PP have a good flexibility and easy to form. This is also used to build floor component of electric vehicle. For example, Delphi and Ford have used Biaxially-Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP) film capacitors in inverter designs.
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 7 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
- Acrylonitrile-Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Polyamide (PA, Nylon 6/6, Nylon 6)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyurethane (PUR)
- Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Acrylic (PMMA)
- Polyoxymethylene (POM)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Other Materials
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
- Plug-in hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV)
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Power Plant System
- Transmission Systems
- Others (Chassis)
- BASF SE
- Covestro AG
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Evonik industries AG
- Lanxess AG
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
- Rochling Group
- Saudi Arabia Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
- Solvay SA
- Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd.
- The Dow Chemical Company
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nrtdfp/global_outlook_on?w=4