DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Pharmaceutical Excipients Market Size, Market Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts, 2018 To 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global pharmaceutical excipients market was valued at US$ 6,615.7 Mn in 2017 and expected to reach US$ 11,938.1 Mn by 2026 expanding at a CAGR of 6.87 % from 2018 to 2026.
Polymers segment currently dominates the pharmaceutical excipients market due to its vast application in drug formulation from conventional to novel drug delivery systems. Over the last two decades, polymers have undergone tremendous structural modification to improve the bioavailability and solubility properties of the API. In this research report, proper emphasis is given to decipher the current research being conducted in drug formulation and development studies entirely focusing on the use of polymers to effectively decouple the reduced intrinsic solubility of APIs by using various technologies that would disrupt the crystal lattice of drug candidate to increase their solubility.
Fillers and diluents comprises nearly 42% of the pharmaceutical excipients market and is the leading segment by function. Binders segment will be making a significant growth owing to the latest trend observed in the pharmaceutical industries investing huge in the excipients co-processing to overcome several obstacles in drug formulation and reducing the development costs.
Domicile of key players such as BASF SE and Roquette Group in the Western European region mainly define the pharmaceutical excipients market in Europe.
Key Market Movements:
- Availability of cheap labor and raw material drives the pharmaceutical excipients market in emerging economies such as APAC and LATAM
- Pharmaceutical companies are investing huge in drug F&D in the co-processing and on line extensions of excipients to improve their functionality
- Stringent cGMP regulatory guidelines has resulted in rising demand for high grade pharmaceutical excipients
- Biopharmaceutical industries are focusing more on protein and peptide drugs that results in the growth of protein derived polymers market
- With drug solubility reducing significantly in the last 15 years (increased BCS Class IV and II compounds), the demand for surfactants, co-solvents etc. has increased drastically
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Preface
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
Chapter 3. Pharmaceutical Excipients Market: Dynamics and Future Outlook
Chapter 4. Global Pharmaceutical Excipients Market, by Product, 2016 - 2026 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 5. Global Pharmaceutical Excipients Market, by Function, 2016 - 2026 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 6. Global Pharmaceutical Excipients Market, by Geography, 2016 - 2026 (US$ Mn)
Chapter 7. Company Profiles
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Associated British Foods Plc.
- Ashland, Inc.
- BASF SE
- Croda International Plc
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Evonik Industries AG
- FMC Corporation
- Lubrizol Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dpmsm2/global?w=4