The report presents benchmark statistics on the ATM market in the United States and globally. It also presents evidence for the changing role of the ATM as banks and credit unions continue consolidating their branch offices, broadening their ATM footprint, and turning to independent ATM deployers to manage and operate the devices.
The report discusses enhanced capabilities that are making the ATM a central channel that will shape the way consumers will navigate an increasingly personalized banking experience in the years to come. ATMs remain essential for access to cash through mobile cash access pre-staging of transactions and for online banks, which have no branch infrastructure.
Financial institutions are seeking to expand engagement with customers while reducing costs associated with physical points of presence. As they continue to consolidate branches, the ATM is being enabled to taking on more of the workload that previously required direct interactions with a teller or bank representative.
- ATM concentration in select countries, 2016
- Number of ATMs owned and operated by leading financial institutions in the U.S., 2014-2016
- Number of branches of leading financial institution ATM owner-operators in the U.S., 2014-2017E
- Leading independent ATM operators in the U.S.: FI/ISO/IAD Solution Providers, 2014-2017E
- Factors key in bank selection according to the author's Customer Monitor Survey Series banking channels survey
- The shift U.S. consumer preference as to how they access and where they cash.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
3. A Physical Point of Access to a Virtual Relationship
- ATM as a Piece in the Mosaic of Modern Banking
- ATMs Remain a Growth Sector with Global Demand
- Global Appeal and Application
4. Profile of ATM Use in the United States
- Cash Back at POS vs at the ATM
- Proximity of FI-Branded ATM Is Important to US Consumers
5. Profile of US ATM Owner-Operators
- FIs Turning to ATM to Supplant the Local Branch
- IADs/ISOs Operating ATMs Offer Added Choice and Convenience
6. Conclusions and Strategic Implications
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l4pxzh/global_atm_market?w=4