SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Las Vegas McCarran International is the number one airport in the U.S. for business travelers, according to the inaugural TravelBank Rank study released by business travel startup TravelBank.
The TravelBank Rank analysis takes into consideration five factors that are important for road warriors: on-time arrival performance, airport transit, airport parking prices, quality and service, and average hotel price. Each category was evenly weighted out of a score of zero to 20, giving a highest and best possible total score of 100. Only the top 30 airports by passenger volume were ranked. The rankings are as follows:
Top 5 Best Airports for Business Travelers:
- Las Vegas McCarran International (LAS): McCarran’s proximity to downtown, high J.D. Power score of 765 for quality and service and low average hotel price of $143 are only a few of the reasons why LAS is the top airport in the country for business travelers.
- Charlotte Douglas International (CLT): Charlotte’s ranking is no surprise – it came in as the number one overall best airport for parking in a previous TravelBank study ranking the Cheapest and Most Expensive Airport Parking in America. It’s also home to one of the highest on-time arrival percentage rates in the country with 84.22 percent of flights arriving on-time (BTS, 2017).
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International (PHX): Sky Harbor isn’t too far behind – 83 percent of all flights arrived on-time last year (BTS, 2017). It also ranked in the top three best in TravelBank’s Best and Worst Airports for Transit. Not to mention, PHX ranked second best major U.S. airport last year for dining (RewardExpert, 2018), making wait times that much more enjoyable.
- Salt Lake City International (SLC): Not only does SLC boast a high J.D. Power score of 754 for its quality and service, but its $3.6 billion dollar makeover is set to debut in 2020 (Deseret News, 2018). We will no doubt keep SLC top of mind of business travelers for years to come.
- San Diego International (SAN): San Diego’s sunny, warm weather and vibrant culture is home to more than some of the biggest convention and tourist facilities, its airport came in as the second best airport for transit in TravelBank’s previous transit ranking. San Diego also holds a high J.D. Power rating of 757 and was recently included in a roundup of the best airports for beer drinkers (Paste Magazine, 2018).
In addition to ranking the best airports, TravelBank also analyzed what the worst airports for business travelers are and it turns out the tri-state area is home to the top three worst airports for business travelers – LaGuardia (LGA), Newark Liberty International (EWR) and New York John F. Kennedy International (JFK). Both LGA and EWR have low performing on-time arrivals, while JFK ranked as the second worst in airport transit and as the fifth most expensive for airport parking in a previous TravelBank study. San Francisco International (SFO) and Los Angeles International (LAX) round out the list of the five worst airports for business travelers due to low on-time arrival performance.
Recognized as one of the best of business travel in the Apple App Store, TravelBank aims to make expense and travel management easier and more efficient for business professionals. In order to create such an experience, it’s important to take a closer look at the modern day business travelers preferences and experience, thus illustrating the value the TravelBank Rank study brings to airports, administrators and managers of SMBs.
“Business travel should be a stress-free experience. When a flight doesn’t arrive on time or an airport lounge doesn’t include the basic amenities or strong wi-fi connectivity, it can negatively affect the entire trip,” says Duke Chung, founder and CEO of TravelBank. “The TravelBank Rank study is one of the ways we’re aiming to improve the business travel experience – by providing airports with insight on what business travelers really want and how they can improve the experience on their end, as well as keeping our users aware of what to expect when traveling.”
Founded in 2016, TravelBank has evolved into a modern and easy-to-use, all-in-one travel and expense platform for companies of all sizes. In the last year, TravelBank has increased the number of new business users per month by 30x and is on track to have processed 1 million in expenses by the end of 2018. To learn more about the methodology behind the TravelBank Rank study, visit: https://travelbank.com/blog/news/best-worst-airports-for-business-travel/
TravelBank is the leading all-in-one travel and expense platform for small-to-medium sized businesses, and uses a proprietary algorithm to predict travel costs and build budgets with real-time pricing. Designed for busy professionals, the app features a camera-first experience for tracking expenses on the fly, a curated travel bookings portal with special corporate rates for business travel, and an auto-rewards program that incentivizes employees to choose more cost-effective options.