The report on the Metal Casting sector examines current conditions and discusses the government interventions aimed at stimulating local manufacture. Factors negatively affecting the success of the sector, which include rapidly rising electricity and raw material costs, high labour costs and the increasing cost of environmental compliance are also covered.
Profiles for 21 industry players are provided. Included is Scaw South Africa whose cast products division will be transferred to Cast Products SA which was acquired by US-based manufacturer, Amsted Rail Company in March 2018.
Despite the many strengths of the domestic foundry sector, the general metals industry is in deep distress and longstanding issues such as government intervention in pricing and trade measures remain divisive.
The metals industry continues to contract and statistics from the South African Institute of Foundrymen (SAIF) show that the number of operational foundry member numbers declined from 450 in the 1980s to 170 in 2015.
Role players realise the importance of adopting new technologies, but investment is limited as a result of a market that is oversupplied, especially with low-cost castings from Asia.
- Scaw South Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Atlantis Foundries (Pty) Ltd
- Besaans (Pty) Ltd
- Autocast South Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Natal Iron and Brass Foundry CC
- Kimberley Engineering Works Foundries (Pty) Ltd
- ArcelorMittal South Africa Ltd
- M I S Engineering (Pty) Ltd
- Copalcor (Pty) Ltd
- Non-Ferrous Metal Works (S A) (Pty) Ltd
- Ajax Manufacturing (Pty) Ltd
- Foxtec-Ikhwezi (Pty) Ltd
- Pressure Die Castings (Pty) Ltd
- Prevail Engineering (Pty) Ltd
- Wahl Industries CC
- Zealous Pressure Castings (Pty) Ltd;
- Zealous Automotive (Pty) Ltd
- Transnet SOC Ltd
- KPL Die Casting (Pty) Ltd
- Pandrol S A (Pty) Ltd
- Rely Precision Castings (Pty) Ltd
Key Topics Covered
2. Description of the Industry
3. Size of the Industry
4. State of the Industry
5. Influencing Factors
7. SWOT Analysis
9. Industry Associations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2gcxgk/the_casting_of?w=4