DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Third Party Logistics Market to 2025 - Global Analysis and Forecasts by Mode of Transport (Roadways, Railways, Waterways, & Airways), Services (International Transportation, Warehousing, Domestic Transportation, and Inventory Management) & End-User" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The third party logistics market is expected to grow to US$1,240.0 million by 2025, from US$805.4 million in 2017.
The demand for third party logistics is largely influenced by a number of factors, mainly due to the increase in internationalization and growth in e-commerce in numerous business segments. On the basis of mode of transport, the roadways mode of transport accounted for the largest share of the third party logistics market in 2017 in terms of revenue.
The competitive dynamics in the third party logistics market is expected to change during the coming years, with the entry of new players. The majority of companies in this market are located in the North America region, as well as in Europe. However, there is the significant presence of market players in developing countries, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region.
Currently, the high demand for 3PL is noticed in developed as well developing regions, such as Asia-Pacific and Europe, owing to the robust economic growth, along with growing retail enactment due to rising disposable incomes and the increased inclination of manufacturing companies towards a non-asset based business model. Moreover, the US, France, UK, China, Japan, and Brazil hold substantial global market share in 3PL market.
On the basis of end-user, retail is the leading industry owing to the industry's more inclination towards achieving online and omni-channel strategies. Currently, free shipping is significantly important for customers, thus, retailers are opting for 3PL providers in order to manage their supply chain processes in order to meet customer demands. 3PL's IT software systems connect well with retail outlets and manage accurate inventory control visibility. Thus, aforementioned factors are increasing the need for 3PL in retail industry.
Key Industry Dynamics
Key Market Drivers
- Rise In Demand For Reducing Overall Operational Cost And Focus On Managing Timely Delivery
- Inclination Of Manufacturing Companies On Reducing Assets And Emphasize On Core Business
- Benefits In Managing Seasonal Variations Of Products
Key Market Restraints
- Lesser Control Of Manufacturer On Logistics Service And Delivery Processes
Key Market Opportunities
- Increase In Adoption Of E-Commerce In Retail Sector
- Implementation Of Several Software Solutions
Key Topics Covered:
2. Key Takeaways
3. Third Party Logistics Market Landscape
4. Third Party Logistics Market - Key Industry Dynamics
5. Third Party Logistics Market - Global Market Analysis
6. Third Party Logistics Market Revenue And Forecasts To 2025 - Mode Of Transport
7. Third Party Logistics Market Revenue And Forecasts To 2025 - By Service
8. Third Party Logistics Market Revenue And Forecasts To 2025 - By End-User
9. Global Third Party Logistics - Geographical Analysis
10. Industry Landscape
11. Competitive Landscape
12. Global Third Party Logistics Market- Key Company Profiles
- Deutsche Post DHL Group
- Kuehne + Nagel International AG
- Nippon Express Co., Ltd.
- DB Schenker
- C.H. Robinson
- XPO Logistics
- UPS Supply Chain Solutions
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wkr2m9/third_party?w=4