CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Warehousing Education and Research Council (WERC) is pleased to announce the installment of its 40th President: Ken Woodlin, Divisional Vice President of Supply Chain for Walmart, Inc.
“It’s truly an honor to serve as WERC President and a privilege to work with other incredible industry leaders,” said Woodlin. “Our immediate priority is to stay on top of — and ahead of — the rapidly evolving industry, all while supporting the one true constant: our people.”
According to WERC’s 2018 DC Measures Annual Survey and Report on Industry Metrics, companies are increasing the attention given to workforce strength. Employee metrics entered the report’s ranking for the first time in 2017. In 2018, the ranking jumped from 25th to 9th, meaning companies are becoming more cognizant that their technologies and processes are only as good as the people using them. More than 70 percent of survey respondents ranked people as being their primary asset to their operations.
“With the logistics industry being so vast and spread out across all different sectors, we work to create commonalities and establish best practices by providing extensive research, trend analyses and expert insights,” said WERC CEO Michael Mikitka. “One of the prime benefits of being a WERC member is building a connection with someone who has similar opportunities and challenges, but comes at them with an entirely different perspective.”
Woodlin was installed as President at WERC’s Annual Conference for Logistics Professionals in Charlotte, NC in May. WERC welcomes to the Board of Directors:
- Kristi Montgomery, Vice President of Innovation, Research and Development, KENCO Logistics
- Brian McCarthy, Senior Vice President of Operations, KeHE Distributors
- Jason Minghini, President, FW Warehousing
Continuing to serve on WERC’s Board of Directors are:
- Annette Danek-Akey, Senior Vice President of Fulfillment, Penguin Random House
- Gerald Perritt, Senior Vice President, Kuehne + Nagel
- Tony Ward, Managing Director of Retail, Accenture Strategy
- Jerry Pimental, CEO & Owner, Paladin Supply Chain Solutions LLC
- Andy Bass, Director of Distribution of Residential HVAC & Supply, Ingersoll Rand
- Deb Parmé, Vice President of AsiaPac Supply Chain, Amway Corporation
- Rich Thompson, International Director of Supply Chain Logistics Solutions, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Richard Wilkinson, Vice President of Logistics Services, Dollar Tree
WERC is the only professional organization focused on logistics management and its role in the supply chain. Since 1977, WERC has offered resources that help distribution practitioners and suppliers stay on top in our dynamic, variable field. These include national, regional, local and online educational events; performance metrics for benchmarking; practical research; expert insights; and multiple opportunities for peer-to-peer knowledge exchange.