The Chinese Gamer Segmentation Study provides the first comprehensive look at who Chinese gamers really are.
Why gamers play is as important as what they play and how much, and is critical to understanding them as gamers - and as consumers. Understanding how gaming preferences, motivations, and demographic variables group together enables targeting those segments with more precise marketing messages and acquisition channels. Fine-tuning player targeting is all the more important in the increasingly competitive gaming landscape. Pairing gaming motivations with digital consumption preferences provide a unique lens into what different kinds of gamers want and how to reach them.
This report brings together our expertise built on 16 years of analysis in the Asia games market with study partner Quantic Foundry's Gamer Motivation Model and data science methods to produce a first-of-its-kind, in-depth study into the motivations and behaviors of Chinese gamers.
- Motivation profiles and demographics of the main Chinese gamer segments
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis, by segment, on gamer behavior, demand, spending, and usage across
- Gaming platforms
- Game genres
- Video streaming
- Live streaming
- Social media
- Online shopping
- Online media
Key takeaways from the analysis:
The report surfaced six distinct sets of gamers:
- Hardcore mobile gamers
- Hardcore PC gamers
- Casual gamers
- Casual demolitionists
- Super consumers
- Core gamers
The study also shows the gaming, movie, live streaming, online shopping and other behaviors of each of the segments:
- Almost all gamers in China spend significant time playing games on their smartphones, even hardcore PC gamers
- The most popular games for all gamers in China, regardless of segment are League of Legends on PC and Honor of Kings on mobile.
- The majority of all segments attend movies in the theater either opening day or week of release
- Attending movies at the movie theater is vastly more popular than watching movies at home.
- The majority of gamers are video and live streaming, Core gamers are more likely to consume both game live streams and video streaming, whereas casual gamers are more likely to consume film, comedy and talk show streams.
- Nearly every gamer uses WeChat and most use QQ
Key Topics Covered:
1. Gamer Segments Overview
2. Explaining the Gamer Motivation Model
3. Gamer Segments
5. Gaming platforms, behavior, and hardware
6. Movie Watching
7. Video and Streaming
8. Social Media
9. Online Shopping
10. Online Reading
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rrgbvl/2018_chinese?w=4