CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pharmacy Times® and Parata Systems, founding partners of the Next-Generation Pharmacist® awards announce the panel of judges for the 2018 awards.
The awards recognize remarkable pharmacists, student pharmacists, technicians and industry advocates who define the future of pharmacy. “As the health care delivery system in our country continues to evolve, pharmacists will play a more critical role in the delivery of outcomes-based care. The Next-Generation Pharmacist awards honor those that are embracing this change and taking a lead role in innovation,” said Brian Haug, president, Pharmacy Healthcare and Communications, LLC. Up to three finalists and one winner will be named in each of 10 categories. Of these category winners, one will be named the 2018 Next-Generation Pharmacist.
Finalists and category winners are selected after careful review and deliberation by an independent panel of judges. Pharmacy Times® Editor-in-Chief Troy Trygstad, Pharm.D., Ph.D., MBA, chairs the panel of judges which include industry leaders from health care systems, retail pharmacies, hospitals, academia, associations and pharmaceutical manufacturers. The following judges will join Trygstad on the panel this year:
- Mark Aurit, RPh, owner of Gateway Pharmacy
- Lawrence Brown, Pharm.D., Ph.D., FAPhA, associate dean of student affairs, professor of pharma economics and health policy, Chapman University School of Pharmacy
- Gail Brown, B.S., RPhT, CPhT, pharmacy technology teacher/intern coordinator, School District of Osceola County
- Thomas D. Chiampas, Pharm.D., BCPS, AAHIVP, clinical assistant professor/clinical pharmacist, College of Pharmacy, department of pharmacy practice, section of infectious diseases pharmacotherapy, University of Illinois at Chicago,
- Michel Disco, Pharm.D., MBA, associate professor, Emerita, University of New Mexico, College of Pharmacy
- DJ Dougherty, CEO, Parata Systems
- Susan Drelicharz, Pharm.D., manager, pharmacy and retail operations special projects, Walgreens Co.
- Michelle Earich, CPhT, president, Northeast Ohio Healthcare Financial Management
- Sharon Faust, Pharm.D., director, Specialty Pharmacy Services, Lumicera Health Services
- Jeff Goad, Pharm.D., MPH, FAPhA, FISTM, FCPhA, FCSHP, professor and chair, department of pharmacy practice, Chapman University School of Pharmacy
- Curtis E. Haas, Pharm.D., FCCP, director of pharmacy, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Douglas Hillblom, Pharm.D., president, Arena Health, LLC; associate editor-in-chief, Market Access Solutions, Specialty Pharmacy Times®, Pharmacy Times®
- Art Jacknowitz, Pharm.D., professor and distinguished chair emeritus, School of Pharmacy, West Virginia University
- George Kress, RPh, AAHIVP, HIV pharmacist and patient advocate, Walgreen Co.
- Tripp Logan, Pharm.D., owner, Logan & Seiler Inc, Medical Arts Pharmacy, L&S Pharmacy, and partner, MedHere Today Consulting
- Bob Lomenick, RPh, owner/pharmacist, Tyson Drug Stores
- Joel Marrs, Pharm.D., BCPS – AQ Cardiology, BCACP, CLS, FAHA, FASHP, FCC, associate professor, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado
- Diane Martin, RPh, associate VP of pharmacy operations, Greater Lawrence Family Health Center
- Randy McDonough, B.S., Pharm.D., M.S., CGP, BCPS, FAPhA, co-owner and director of clinical services, Towncrest and Towncrest Compounding Pharmacies
- Miriam Mobley Smith, Pharm.D., FASHP
- COL Jeffrey Neigh, Pharm.D., MBA, MHA, BCPS, deputy director, pharmacy services, Defense Health Headquarters, Army Pharmacy Service Line
- Col. (Ret) William W. Pickard, RPh, MS, chairman, director of clinical research, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Campbell University
- Rececca Snead, RPh, FAPha, executive vice president and CEO, National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations
- Melissa Somma McGivney, Pharm.D., FCCP, FAPhA, associate dean for community partnerships, associate professor, University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, director, Community Leadership Innovation & Practice (CLIP) center
- Dan Steiber, RPh, editor-in-chief, Specialty Pharmacy Times®
- Samuel Stolpe, Pharm.D., MPH, consultant
- Jennifer Thackray, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCPPS, pediatric oncology clinical pharmacy specialist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Geoffrey Wall, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPS, CGP, professor of clinical sciences, Drake University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences; internal medicine clinical pharmacist, Iowa Methodist Medical Center; consulting partner, Medical Intelligence Group, PLLC
“It's so important to recognize the leaders in the industry,” said DJ Dougherty, Parata’s CEO. “We couldn’t do it without the volunteered help and expertise of our judges which is why we honor them at the awards gala along with finalists and winners.”
More than 600 nominations were submitted by May 31. For more information on categories, eligibility requirements and online nomination submissions, visit http://www.nextgenpharmacist.com. Follow Pharmacy Times® on Facebook (Facebook.com/PharmacyTimes), Twitter (@Pharmacy_Times) and Instagram (pharmacytimes).
About Parata Systems, LLC
Parata Systems provides pharmacy technology solutions that empower pharmacists to help people lead healthier lives. Founded in 2001, Parata offers the most extensive pharmacy automation portfolio in the industry:designing, building and supporting both vial-filling and pouch-packaging solutions.
Parata Max and Parata Mini high-speed robots boost accuracy and efficacy, so pharmacy teams can deliver an exceptional patient experience. The Parata PASS suite, the latest technology in medication management, elevates pharmacists’ role in addressing the $290-billion challenge of medication adherence and secures their spot on the health care team.
About Pharmacy Times®
Pharmacy Times® is the leading media resource for pharmacists and the pharmacy industry, providing practical clinical and professional information pharmacists can use in their everyday practices when counseling patients and interacting with other health care providers. Each issue and the website contain articles and features covering industry trends, medication errors, drug interactions, patient education, disease state management, patient counseling, product news, pharmacy law and more. Additionally, Pharmacy Times Continuing Education™ is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Pharmacy Times® is part of MJH Associates Inc., a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media.