DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global and China Rare Earth Permanent Magnet Industry Report, 2017-2021" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Rare earth permanent magnetic materials are divided into SmCo permanent magnet and NdFeB permanent magnet. NdFeB, the third-generation raw earth permanent magnetic material, has the strongest magnetic property and finds the widest application, holding over 90% market share.
Global NdFeB permanent magnet market has grown by leaps and bounds in recent years with the output for 2017 exceeding 170kt, a 78.5% upsurge over 2010, including more than 60kt of high-performance NdFeB, soaring 135.1% from 2010, well above the average growth rate of the industry. Globally, only TDK, Hitachi Metals, Shin-Etsu Chemical and VAC are capable of producing high-performance NdFeB permanent magnet, seizing almost 50% of the world market.
China has been the world's largest producer of rare earth permanent magnet by virtue of its rare earth resource superiority. More than 150kt of NdFeB permanent magnet or about 90% of the global total was produced in China in 2017. Despite the country's massive production capacity, most of Chinese NdFeB enterprises still focus on mid and low-end products and have not yet been strong in high-end products. For that reason, the country has issued favorable policies such as the Guidance for the Development of New Materials Industry to facilitate the development of high-performance NdFeB. Meanwhile, emerging fields like new energy vehicle, robot and energy-saving household appliances also give an impetus to high-performance NdFeB. It is expected the country's demand for high-performance NdFeB will rise by more than 15% during 2018-2021.
Thanks to supportive policies and rising demand from downstream sectors, Chinese enterprises like Beijing Zhong Ke San Huan High-Tech, Ningbo Yunsheng and Yantai Zhenghai Magnetic Material have increased investment in and sped up production of high-performance NdFeB over the recent years. Take Beijing Zhong Ke San Huan High-Tech for example, it set up a joint venture with Hitachi Metals (holding 51% stake) in Nantong city, Jiangsu province in June 2015 to produce high-performance NdFeB for new energy vehicle (NEV). The Phase-I 2kt Project went into production in 2017, bringing annual capacity up to 18kt, still No. 1 in the Chinese market.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Introduction to Rare Earth Permanent Magnet Material
2 Global Rare Earth Permanent Magnet Material Industry
3 Chinese Rare Earth Permanent Magnet Material Industry
4 Upstream and Downstream of Rare Earth Permanent Magnet Material in China
5 Main Global Companies
6 Leading Chinese Companies
7 Summary and Forecast
- Advanced Technology & Materials Co., Ltd (AT&M)
- Baotou Jinshan Magnetic Material Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Zhong Ke San Huan Hi-Tech Co., Ltd.
- Chengdu Galaxy Magnets Co., Ltd.
- China Northern Rare Earth (Group) High-Tech Co., Ltd.
- Earth-Panda Advance Magnetic Material Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Metals Ltd.
- JL MAG Rare-Earth Co., Ltd.
- Jin Ke Magnetics Co., Ltd.
- Jingci Material Science Co., Ltd. (formerly known as Beijing Jingci Magnet Co., Ltd.)
- Lingyi iTech (Guangdong) Co., Ltd. (formerly known as JPMF Guangdong Co., Ltd.)
- Ningbo Jinji Strong Magnetic Material Co., Ltd.
- Ningbo Yunsheng Co., Ltd.
- Rising Nonferrous Metals Co., Ltd.
- Shenyang General Magnetic Co., Ltd.
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Sinosteel Anhui Tianyuan Technology Co., Ltd.
- Thinova Magnet Co., Ltd. (formerly known as Beijing Thinova Technology Co., Ltd.)
- Tianhe Magnets Co., Ltd.
- Tokyo Denki Kagaku Kogyo K.K.
- Vacuumschmelze (VAC)
- Xiamen Tungsten Co., Ltd. (XTC)
- Yantai Shougang Magnetic Material Inc.
- Yantai Zhenghai Magnetic Materials Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Innuovo Magnetics Co., Ltd.
- Zhongshan Broad-Ocean Motor Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t4938w/global_and_china?w=4