DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Research Report on China's Solar Polysilicon Industry, 2018-2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The production volume of China's polysilicon reached 242,000 tons in 2017, representing a CAGR of 70% from 2007 to 2017. The newly installed photovoltaic bases in China reached 53 GW in 2017, ranking first in the world for five consecutive years. Also, the total installed capacity amounted to 130 GW, taking the first place for three consecutive years. Production scale of every link in the domestic industry chain all took over 50% of the global total and continued to be leading in the world.
The export value of photovoltaic products, including wafer, cell, module and inverter, totalled USD 15.777 billion in 2017, increasing by 5.3% YOY. The export value of wafer, cell, module and photovoltaic inverter was respectively USD 2.968 billion, USD 0.797 billion, USD 10.61 billion and USD 1.402 billion, with a respective YOY increase of 14.4%, 17.39%, -1.2% and 46.3%. In addition, the export volume respectively reached 4.404 billion, 3.36 GW, 30 GW and 15.92 million units.
According to research, solar grade polysilicon is the main raw material for crystalline silicon photovoltaic cells. On top of this, there were 22 polysilicon enterprises in normal production by 2017, with the effective capacity totalling 280,000 tons, up by 70,000 tons over 2016. Among them, major manufacturers include GCL Silicon Technology Holdings Inc., TBEA Co., Ltd., Daqo New Energy Corp., etc. Also, by the end of 2017, the aggregate capacity of 10 enterprises, each of which exceeded 10,000 tons, accounted for more than 70% of the country's total.
Based on this analysis, the main driving force for the growth of China's polysilicon market in the next few years is still the demand from the photovoltaic industry, where the increase in domestic demand and exports is equally important. It is estimated that the emerging photovoltaic market will grow rapidly in the next few years. Among them, the installation demand mainly comes from Asia and America, and the market is also opening in Middle East and Africa.
According to research, the demand for polysilicon in the Chinese market still has large room to increase. Although the production of polysilicon can gradually meet the domestic demand, monocrystalline silicon has been popular since 2016, which needs to be made of high-quality polysilicon raw materials. Concerned about the quality of domestic polysilicon, Chinese manufacturers of single wafer still import high-purity one from Germany and South Korea. It is forecasted that China will import over 100,000 tons of polysilicon a year from 2018 to 2022.
- Economy and Policy Environment Faced by China's Polysilicon Industry
- Development Status of Photovoltaic Industry
- Anti-dumping Measures of Chinese Government against Imported Polysilicon
- Supply and Demand of Polysilicon in China
- Polysilicon Import and Export Levels in China, 2013-2017
- Market Competition of Polysilicon in China
- Price Trends of Polysilicon in China
- Major Polysilicon Manufacturers in China
- Driving Forces and Market Opportunities in the Polysilicon Industry
- Risks and Challenges Faced by the Polysilicon Industry
- Development Trends of China's Polysilicon Industry
- Asia Silicon (Qinghai) Co. Ltd.
- CSG Holding Co. Ltd.
- China Silicon Corporation Ltd.
- Daqo New Energy Corp.
- GCL Silicon Technology Holdings Inc. (GCL-Poly Energy Holdings Limited)
- Guodian Inner Mongolia Jingyang Energy Co. Ltd.
- Huanghe Hydropower Development Co. Ltd.
- Inner Mongolia Dun'an Photovoltaic Science and Technology Co. Ltd.
- Inner Mongolia Shenzhou Silicon LLC
- Kunming Yeyan New-Material Co. Ltd.
- LDK Solar Co. Ltd.
- Shaanxi Tianhong Silicon Co. Ltd.
- Sichuan Renesola Silicon Co. Ltd.
- Sichuan Yongxiang Co. Ltd.
- Xinte Energy Co. Ltd.
Key Topics Covered
1 Basic Concepts of Polysilicon Industry
2 Development Environment of Solar Polysilicon Industry in China, 2015-2018
3 Analysis on China Polysilicon Industry, 2013-2017
4 Import and Export of Polysilicon in China, 2015-2017
5 Development Status of China Photovoltaic Industry, 2013-2017
6 Analysis on Major Polysilicon Manufacturers in China, 2015-2018
7 Prospects of China Solar Polysilicon industry, 2018-2022
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kc87tm/chinas_solar?w=4