TYSONS, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC), the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, today announced the launch of DXC Application Service Automation, an offering powered by DXC BionixTM that enables organizations to manage their applications up to 40 percent more efficiently than with traditional methods, creating savings that can then be reinvested in digital initiatives.
Organizations today face increasingly complex hybrid application environments, including legacy and dynamic applications, containers, micro-services and integrated APIs. To stay competitive, IT leaders are seeking ways to reduce the manual efforts associated with managing their apps portfolio, while meeting increasing demand from their businesses for digitization of services.
Transforming the way organizations manage their applications portfolio, DXC Application Service Automation addresses these issues by employing digital technologies that automate applications management tasks to provide such benefits as:
- Increasing the productivity of the applications-support team by up to 30 percent through automated service request fulfillment;
- Reducing mean time to resolution for applications incidents by up to 50 percent, using artificial intelligence to determine the root cause of problems;
- Improving applications quality by up to 60 percent through process automation and analytics.
“Application leaders face increased challenges in driving costs down while using traditional methods to manage growing application portfolios,” said Pete Marston, research director, Application Development, Testing, and Management Services, IDC. “Leaders need to transform the way they manage their application estates and examine ways to transition from opportunistic to systematic automation.”
DXC Application Service Automation is available globally and leverages the DXC Bionix approach to intelligent automation. The offering features the following four components:
1. DXC autoDetect is a next-generation applications performance management service that proactively detects an application issue affecting an end user, and triggers the workflow and resolution capabilities for remediation without human intervention. Using AI, DXC autoDetect can automatically correlate monitoring alerts, across the application and infrastructure stack, to identify the root cause of the issue with speed and accuracy.
2. DXC autoManage combines workflows and analytics capabilities to optimize and effectively orchestrate the resolution of IT service requests and tickets. This component automatically triggers the autoResolve module for issue resolution.
3. DXC autoResolve automates repetitive IT service requests and resolutions at scale, increasing speed to resolution — from days to seconds — while reducing manual effort.
4. DXC autoImprove analyzes application source code to identify inefficiency, redundancy, unreachable code or flawed logic. This reduces defects and improves code maintainability and quality.
The announcement coincides with the news that Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (Zurich), a leading global, multi-line insurance provider, has awarded DXC the contract to run DXC autoDetect across several markets.
The agreement comprises software from DXC’s partner, software intelligence company Dynatrace.
“Zurich wanted to move away from reactive monitoring conducted by service providers to a collaborative and proactive service, providing value to all of our customers, both internal and external,” said Thomas Kropp, group chief IT services officer at Zurich. "This new service supports Zurich’s strategy to simplify, innovate and become more customer focused. Our collaboration with DXC makes our application management simpler, helping us to remain responsive to our customers and deliver excellent service.”
“IT teams today face a growing number of requests for applications support, services and innovation to be delivered at an even faster pace,” said Mike Klaus, senior vice president and general manager, Application Services, DXC Technology. “This new DXC service meets the demands of companies such as Zurich, by bringing together intelligent incident analysis and AI to automatically detect and remediate applications issues through on-premise and as-a-service, consumption-based delivery models.”
For more information on DXC Application Service Automation, please visit:
About DXC Technology
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, serving nearly 6,000 private and public-sector clients from a diverse array of industries across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network deliver transformative digital offerings and solutions that help clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit dxc.technology.