SINGAPORE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A Malaysian Global Fortune 500 company won Gold in the prestigious Asia-Pacific Stevie® Awards for their middle manager leadership learning journey, which was designed and delivered together with BTS, a world-leading firm that turns strategy into action. The journey enables middle managers to truly live the new culture that senior executives believe is critical to make the strategy successful.
“Winning this award for Innovation is really exciting and a strong testament that our joint approach is setting new global standards for leadership learning journeys,” says Patrick Fei, Managing Director at BTS Asia.
As a holistic leadership change initiative, the journey prepares all 2,000 middle managers for the future by making the culture tangible and the new way of working a natural part of their everyday life.
“The journey is built with the bigger picture in mind of how leaders change their behavior and make decisions that drive business impact. Some of these best practices are well-known, and with the use of digital learning they can be implemented even more effectively. We designed the journey to integrate these best practices, tying them together using a digital platform. This created a powerful and seamless experience for participants that was tightly linked to the business focus that senior executives desired. The initial results are extremely positive and there is clear evidence of significant mindset and behavior shift among participants,” explains Fei.
The key success factors of the journey are:
- Business relevance: Based on input from senior executives across the organization, the journey design was closely customized to the organization’s strategic priorities, business challenges, cultural context, and future ambitions.
- Journey design: Every step of the journey is linked to the business context and desired business outcomes and each step reinforces the one before. The focus on team-based activities and gamification significantly raises engagement and puts accountability back in the hands of the leaders.
- Experiential Learning: By using experiential learning throughout the journey, even in the final hour of each program day, managers were very enthusiastic and actively participating. Being highly customized, the simulations reflect the true business and people challenges that managers face back on the job.
- Virtual engagement/discussion forum: The journey leverages virtual and digital solutions to continuously engage managers over the course of three months. Allowing learners to use the same habits as they do on external social media platforms, the virtual forum promotes peer learning and sharing.
- Support for on-the-job application: Participants joined three application calls led by a certified coach with the same six team members that worked together in the face-to-face sessions. Discussing on-the-job application in small teams enabled managers to share their experiences, learn from each other, and form peer coaching networks that extend beyond the classroom.
“We are extremely proud to partner with such an innovative client to drive significant, measurable change among their leaders,” says Patrick Fei.
About BTS Group AB
BTS is a global professional services firm headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, with 600+ professionals in 33 offices. We focus on the people side of strategy, working with leaders at all levels to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver results.
We serve a wide range of client needs, including:
- Assessments for talent selection/development
- Strategy alignment/execution
- Business acumen, leadership and sales training programs
- On-the-job business simulations/application tools
BTS is a public company trading as BTS B on the Nasdaq Stockholm.
For more information, visit www.bts.com.