DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global and China Lithium Carbonate Industry Report, 2017-2021" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
In 2017, global lithium mineral reserves reached 16 million tons, of which Chile boasted roughly 7.5 million tons, occupying 46.88% of the global total; China followed with 3.2 million tons, taking a 20% share. That meant a combined 66.88% of the total was held by the two countries.
At the end of 2017, China saw the basic lithium salt capacity surge by 47% from 170kt/a in 2016 to roughly 250kt/a, including 178kt lithium carbonate, 54kt lithium hydroxide and 18kt lithium chloride, which covered battery grade and industry grade capacity as well as processing capacity of foreign companies in China. In 2018, the degree of matching between releasing time and progress of new lithium salt capacity, and production and expansion of cathode material production lines in China, will affect the supply and demand of lithium salt at home and abroad.
Despite capacity expansions by Chinese lithium carbonate producers in recent years, the enterprises concerned run actual capacity far lower than designed one, and exacerbated a slower capacity release, resulting in supply shortage of lithium carbonate in the Chinese market. Additionally, as Chinese enterprises mostly import Australian ores as raw materials, production capacity may be limited by rising costs of raw materials in the long term. In 2017, China reported the lithium carbonate output of 123.4kt while apparent consumption of 127kt, leaving a supply gap of 33kt. There will be still an expected tight balance between supply and demand of lithium carbonate in China during 2018-2020.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview of Lithium Carbonate
2. Development of Global Lithium Carbonate Industry
3. Development of China Lithium Carbonate Industry
4. Import & Export of Lithium Salt in China
5. Production Costs and Prices
6. Chinese Lithium Battery Market
7. Global Lithium Carbonate Producers
8. Chinese Lithium Carbonate Producers
- Galaxy Resources Ltd
- Simbol Materials
- Nordic Mining
- Tianqi Lithium Corporation
- Qinghai Salt Lake Industry Co., Ltd.
- Youngy Co., Ltd.
- Tibet Mineral Development Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Western Resources Holding Co., Ltd.
- Jiangxi Ganfeng Lithium Co., Ltd.
- Western Mining Co., Ltd.
- Tibet Urban Development and Investment Co., Ltd.
- Jiangxi Special Electric Motor Co., Ltd.
- Xinjiang Lithium Salt Plant
- Sichuan Ni & Co Guorun New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Jixiang Lithium Technology Co., Ltd.
- ABA Guangsheng Lithium Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai China Lithium Industrial Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/flh5td/global_and_china?w=4