DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global and China Needle Coke Industry Report, 2017-2021" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Global needle coke capacity reached about 1,600kt in 2017, largely contributed by the eight giants like Phillips66, C-Chem and Seadrift. Phillips66 is the largest producer of needle coke around the globe with its capacity seizing over 20% of the global total.
Few Chinese companies can independently produce high-quality needle coke because of high technical barriers. Fangda Carbon New Material made its presence in global high-end market via acquisition of C-Chem's Jiangsu plant in early 2017. The factory, with the capacity of 60kt/a, is chiefly for in-house production of graphite electrode.
Prices of needle coke soared in 2017, exceeding RMB40,000/t in August, more than ten times the level at the beginning of the year, thus driving up prices across industry chain (like graphite electrode). Meanwhile, prices of imported needle coke climbed as well, largely due to a surge in downstream demand.
An upsurge in needle coke prices fuels expansion and building by Chinese needle coke enterprises. Eight needle coke firms, including Jinzhou Chemical, Shandong Jingyang Technology, Qitaihe Baotailong Coal & Coal Chemicals, Shanxi Hongte Coal Chemical, Shandong Yida New Material and Fangda C-Chem announced plans for re-starting, expanding and operation in the second half of 2017. It is calculated that China boasted needle coke capacity of 550kt in 2017 with 200kt newly added. As new and expansion projects go into production, the country's needle coke capacity is expected to total around 900kt by 2021.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview of Needle Coke
2. Development of Global Needle Coke Industry
3. Development of Needle Coke Industry in China
4. Development of Graphite Electrode Industry in China
5. China Lithium-ion Battery Anode Materials Market
6. Major Needle Coke Companies Worldwide
7. Major Needle Coke Companies in China
8. Summary and Forecast
- Phillips 66
- Seadrift Coke
- Mitsubishi Chemical
- JX Holdings Inc
- Petrocokes Japan Limited
- Posco Chemtech
- Fangda Carbon New Material Technology Co., Ltd.
- Qitaihe Baotailong Coal & Coal Chemicals Public Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Yida New Material Co., Ltd.
- Anshan Kaitan Thermal Energy New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Jinzhou Petrochemical Co., Ltd
- Shanghai Baosteel Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Shanxi Hongte Coal Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Jingyang Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shanxi Jinzhou Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hxbx5r/global_and_china?w=4