DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Satellite Transponder Market - Segmented by Bandwidth (C-band, KU-band, KA-band), Application, Service, and Region - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The satellite transponder market was valued at USD 17.24 billion in 2017, and is expected to reach USD 23.46 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period 2018-2023.
Despite the rise of OTT platforms and constant pressure from other sources, satellites are still being launched and the channels they carry still have subscribers. There is also a need for satellite transponders. According to Dataxis, the global pay TV subscribers grew to 1.05 billion between 2016 and 2017, and the DTH market grew by approximately 7 million subscribers from 238 to 245 million. Cable subscribers fell by roughly the same amount, from 578 to 572 million, while most of the growth of 60 million subscribers came from Linear OTT and IPTV.
North America is expected to occupy the major share of the market due to the dire need for reliable satellite-based communication in video distribution, broadband accesses, and DTH, followed by APAC. However, significant growth will be seen in the MEA and Latin America due to rising demand for direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV, high definition (HD) to replace standard definition (SD) offerings, need for secure communications for military and defense, and the vibrant broadcast industry in the region.
- Eutelsat Communications S.A.
- Intesat S.A.
- SES S.A.
- Thaicom Public Company Limited
- SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation
- Embratel Star One
SingAPOre Telecommunication Limited
- Telesat Canada
Key Topics Covered:
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Insights
4. Market Dynamics
5. Global Satellite Transponder Market Segmentation - By Bandwidth
6. Global Satellite Transponder Market Segmentation - By Application
7. Global Satellite Transponder Market Segmentation - By Service
8. Global Satellite Transponder Market Segmentation - By Region
9. Global Satellite Transponder Market , Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
10. Investment Analysis
11. Outlook of Satellite Transponder Market
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c654sb/global_satellite?w=4