SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NETEVENTS -- Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX), a leading supplier of high-performance, end-to-end smart interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today officially launches the Mellanox Hyper-scalable Enterprise Framework, the industry’s first truly scalable, open framework for private cloud and enterprise data centers.
For the first time ever organizations can build a high performance 25G, 50G and 100G hyperscale Ethernet network, like those used by the Super 7 – the seven largest technology firms1. With Mellanox networking solutions it is now possible to achieve Hyperscale capabilities without a Hyperscale budget or resources, using industry standard hardware and commercial and open-source software.
The five key elements of the ‘Mellanox Hyper-scalable Enterprise Framework’ are:
- High Performance Networks – Mellanox end-to-end suite of 25G, 50G, and 100G adapters, cables, and switches is proven within hyperscale data centers who have adopted these solutions for the simple reason that an intelligent and high performance network delivers total infrastructure efficiency
- Open Networking – an open and fully disaggregated networking platform is key to scalability and flexibility as well as achieving operational efficiency
- Converged Networks on an Ethernet Storage Fabric – a fully converged network supporting compute, communications, and storage on a single integrated fabric
- Software Defined Everything and Virtual Network Acceleration – Enables enterprise to enjoy the benefits of the hyperscalers who have embraced software defined networking, storage, and virtualization – or software defined everything (SDX)
- Cloud Software Integration – networking solutions that are fully integrated with the most popular cloud platforms such as OpenStack, vSphere, and Azure Stack and support for advanced software defined storage solutions such as Ceph, Gluster, Storage Spaces Direct, and VSAN
“With the advent of open platforms and open networking it is now possible for even modestly sized organizations to build data centers like the hyperscalers do,” said Kevin Deierling, vice president of marketing at Mellanox Technologies. “We are confident and excited to release the Mellanox Hyper-scalable Enterprise Framework to the industry – and to provide an open, intelligent, high performance, accelerated and fully converged network to enable enterprise and private cloud architects to build a world class data center.”
“Hyperscale data centers have been the early adopters driving the deployment of 25G, 50G, and 100G networks, helping Mellanox become the market-share leader for these high performance adapters,” said Seamus Crehan, president of Crehan Research. “The market is now maturing with traditional enterprise and server OEM customers driving a significant uptick in the high performance market. Mellanox is well positioned to capitalize on the expansion from hyperscale to enterprise and private cloud data centers.”
The Mellanox Hyper-scalable Enterprise Framework is already gaining traction with software partners, enterprises, and cloud service providers across the globe. As announced at the OpenStack Summit in Vancouver, the Mellanox end-to-end networking suite is fully integrated with Cloud solutions such as the Red Hat Open Stack Platform, and delivers advanced acceleration features combined with ease of deployment and management. Also at the Summit, Mellanox together with its partner Cumulus Networks announced that Vault Systems, a leading Australian government-certified cloud service provider, chose Mellanox end-to-end Ethernet solutions and Cumulus Linux to increase network resilience, stability and scalability.
“Mellanox Hyper-scalable Enterprise Framework enables OpenStack cloud builders to achieve hyperscale capabilities without a hyperscale budget or resources,” continued Kevin Deierling. “Our end-to-end Ethernet platform delivers an open, high performance, scalable solution that is fully integrated with popular OpenStack distributions. This integrated platform offers best in class accelerators for RoCE (RDMA over Converged Ethernet ) and ASAP2 (Accelerated Switching and Packet Processing) and line rate DPDK performance of 148 million packets per second in a cloud environment. This enables enterprise and private cloud architects to achieve the fastest data speeds across their cloud platform, and deliver advanced network virtualization, efficiency and scalability.”
ASAP2 accelerates open virtual switching and virtualized network functions in software defined enterprise, private cloud, and service provider data centers. To enable customers to quickly explore the benefits of the 25G/100G hyper-scalable enterprise platform, Mellanox is offering an Ethernet end-to-end connectivity bundle that includes:
- Up to five Spectrum™ SN2100 low latency, Zero Packet Loss, Ethernet switches
- ConnectX® network interface cards with best in class acceleration for ASAP2, RoCE, DPDK, and NVMe over Fabrics workloads
- LinkX® Cables and optics
- One year technical support and warranty
Learn more at www.mellanox.com/ethernet
Mellanox Technologies (NASDAQ: MLNX) is a leading supplier of end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet smart interconnect solutions and services for servers and storage. Mellanox interconnect solutions increase data center efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance capability. Mellanox offers a choice of fast interconnect products: adapters, switches, software and silicon that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high performance computing, enterprise data centers, Web 2.0, cloud, storage and financial services. More information is available at: www.mellanox.com.
Note: Mellanox, ConnectX, Spectrum, and LinkX are trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.