DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "An Internet of Things Privacy and Security Primer: What Every Attorney, Privacy and Compliance Officer Should Know" webinar has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Data privacy and security risks are increasing for every company. Gain a better understanding of privacy compliance, risks, and the steps needed to protect your business.
The Internet of Things is expanding at an accelerated pace and includes a variety of consumer facing devices. Across sectors, IoT devices are as diverse as the industries that use them. These devices, however, share two important attributes They can collect, store, and transmit personally identifiable information, and they can be compromised. Whether a data breach results from device malfunction, negligence, loss, theft, or intentional intrusion, the user and device manufacturer face significant financial and reputational injury. While it is vitally important that IoT data retain confidentiality, integrity, and availability, both the IoT threat environment, and organizational vulnerabilities, can put data at risk.
- You will be able to describe the unique privacy and security challenges within the IoT environment, and how threats can exploit your organizations vulnerabilities
- You will be able to discuss the need for a robust and comprehensive security management process, including data mapping, risk analysis, risk management, and workforce education
- You will be able to identify internal risks to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of IoT data
- You will be able to review your organizations existing security management process, and understand the gaps you need to fill
Who Should Attend:
- Compliance Officers
- Security Professionals
- Network Administrators
- Vice Presidents
- Business Owners
- Business Managers
Key Topics Covered:
- Interconnectivity: Threat Environment and Internal Pain Points
- Unique Challenges in IoT
- Meeting the Challenge: Identifying Organizational Vulnerabilities
- Assessing and Managing Risk to Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability
- Creating a Comprehensive Data Map: What Do You Have, and How Does It Flow?
- Performing a Robust Risk Analysis: Identifying and Classifying Risk
- Implementing an Effective Risk Management Plan: Reducing Risk to a Reasonable, Acceptable Level
- Effective Contracting in the IoT Environment
- Contracting as a Risk Management Tool
- Negotiating Data Ownership
- Helping Your Workforce Help Itself
- Fitting Your Armor: Understanding and Identifying Social Engineering and Spear Phishing
- Turning the Tide: Implementing Effective Cyber-Hygiene Policies
- Helping Your Customers Help Themselves
- Empowering Consumers Through Notice and Choice
- Protecting Your Business by Protecting Others
For more information about this webinar visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6nmjwk/an_internet_of?w=4