Become familiar with how AIA owner contractor agreements fit within your project and the principle underlying features.
This topic, prepared by a 30year practitioner, will provide you with an overview of AIA construction contracting including the AIA delivery system, document organization, key features and practice insights. Learn the key features of the AIA Standard Form of Agreement between Owner and Contractor and the AIA General Conditions of the Contract for Construction. Discuss the most important components of the agreement and address negotiating points from the perspective of the three principal parties (design professional, owner and contractor). You will become familiar with how these agreements fit within an overall capital project and gain an understanding of its principle underlying features.
James E. Hughes, Esq. - Hancock Estabrook, LLP
- You will be able to describe an overview of AIA procurement and pricing models.
- You will be able to recognize the contract general conditions in context.
- You will be able to discuss key contract features.
- You will be able to review key general conditions features.
Who Should Attend:
- Vice Presidents
- Project Managers
- Contract Managers
- Property & Facilities Managers
- Real Estate Developers
Key Topics Covered:
- Overview of AIA Contract Document Delivery System and Organization
- AIA Contract Families and Series
- Overview of AIA Procurement and Pricing Models
- The Contract General Conditions in Context
- Key Contract Features
- Contract Price
- Progress Payments
- Substantial Completion
- Dispute Resolution
- Termination or Suspension
- Interest Rate
- Documents Incorporated by Reference
- Insurance Specification
- Surety Bond
- Key General Conditions Features
- Table of Contents
- Instruments of Service
- Owners and Contractor's Responsibilities
- Job Site Safety
- Means and Methods of Construction
- Warranty; Indemnification
- Allowances; Construction Schedules
- Shop Drawings and Submittals
- Architects Responsibilities
- Contingent Assignment of Subcontracts
- Owners Use of Separate Forces
- Hazardous Materials
- Governing Law
- Claims for Consequential Damages
- Initial Decision Maker
- Not Joinder Provisions
- Equitable Claims
For more information about this webinar visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xn5smt/the_aia_owner?w=4