DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "North American Mobile Enterprise Applications, 2018 - A Survey of Customer Preferences, Plans and Impacts" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This study examines the results of the publisher's 2018 Mobile Enterprise Applications Survey of North American purchase decision-makers.
The future success of North American businesses rests in large part on their ability to truly mobilize their employees. Smartphones and tablets are not enough. It is the application software those devices enable that increasingly makes the difference between winners and losers in a high stakes economy driven by an ever more demanding customer base.
As such, it:
1. Measures the current use of, and future decision-making behavior toward, mobile worker applications
2. Uncovers preferences and plans around a number of related mobility topics and issues in the workplace
3. Includes specific focus on three complex app categories: mobilized sales force automation, mobile workforce management (field service management), and mobile asset tracking
The questions in this survey largely refer to internal mobile business applications, i.e., those software apps that are deployed to mobile workers. These are also called Business-to-Employee (B2E) software applications.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Objectives And Methodology
3. Today's Mobile Worker Apps-An Overview
4. The Devices Supporting Mobile Worker Apps
5. Securing Mobile Worker Apps
6. Insights For Mobility Partners
7. Major Mobile Worker App Categories
8. Mobile Workforce Management Apps
9. Mobilized Sales Force Automation Solutions
10. Mobile Asset Tracking Solutions
12. The Last Word
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6zf4xs/north_american?w=4