DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Water-based Alkyd Coatings Market - Segmented by Application and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018-2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global water-based alkyd coatings market is projected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period, 2018-2023.
Shift from Solvent-based Coatings to Water-based Coatings
The large number of regulations pertaining to the use of solvent-based coatings, owing to the adverse impact it has on the environment, has led to a shift to water-based coatings among major players. Even though the water-based coatings are assumed to take more time to dry, certain methods involving the use of microwave technology has led to the significant reduction of drying time.
Major economies in North America and Asia-Pacific have already seen a shift towards water-based coatings due to its zero VOC emission. The rest of the world is expected to follow this trend by the end of the next decade.
- Architectural End-user Holds Largest Share of the Market
- Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
Notable Developments in the Market
- June 2017: Hempel established a new R&D facility solely focused on passive fire protection (PFP) coatings near Barcelona, Spain. The center is likely to be fully functional by the end of 2018.
- February 2016: Akzo Nobel acquired BASF's Industrial Coatings business to become the number one supplier of coil coatings in the world.
- PPG Industries
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- RPM International
- Nippon Paints
- Axalta Coating Systems Ltd LLC
- National Paints Factories Co. Ltd.
- Kansai Paints Co. Ltd
- Jotun A/S
- Tikkurila Oyj
- Materis Paints (Cromology)
- DAW SE
- Brillux GmbH & Co. KG
Key Topics Covered
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
4. Market Dynamics
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
6. Regional Market Analysis
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
9. Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gkpd3k/the_global_market?w=4