DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Bio-Polymer Market - Segmented by Application, End-user Industry, and Geography - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2018 - 2023)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The bio-polymer market is expected to grow at a rapid rate during the forecast period (2018-2023). Europe is the leading and fastest-growing region with high research and development in the bio-polymer market. The growing concerns for the environment, for human health, and to reduced carbon content are the major reason that drives the bio-polymer market.
Growing Demand from the Food Industry
There is an increasing demand to replace the synthetic polymers used in packaging applications and to reduce the overall amount of plastic used. Bio-polymers, possibly combined with inorganic compounds, will be used to generate a new class of bio-nanocomposite-hybrid-coating. This is expected to create an eco-friendly packaging substitute with the same performance of the conventional packaging.
- Bio-Medical Industry is the Fastest Growing Segment
- Asia-Pacific is the Largest Market
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018: Mitsubishi Chemical started full-scale sales of the new grade of DURABIO's bio-based engineering plastic for bottles. DURABIO features higher transparency than polycarbonate, higher strength than acrylic, and improved resistance to cracking.
- June 2017: NatureWorks licenses Plaxica's optipure D-lactic acid process technology to expand its Ingeo Product Portfolio. This investment is part of NatureWorks' long term strategy for leading the market with cost-effective, functional biopolymers.
Key Topics Covered
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
4. Market Dynamics
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
6. Regional Analysis
7. Competitive Landscape
8. Company Profiles
- BASF SE
- Indorama Ventures Public Ltd.
- Metabolix Inc.
- NatureWorks LLC
- Petrochemie Danubia
- Showa High Polymers Ltd.
- TradePro Inc.
- Zeneca Bioproducts
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/96g3ds/global?w=4