DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Nanocellulose Investment and Pricing Guide 2018" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Nanocellulose is a novel biomaterial with multiple industrial uses for replacing fossil derived raw materials. The market mainly consists of cellulose nanofibrils (CNFs) production at present as alternatives to resins, synthetic thickeners, strengtheners, and plastics. Cellulose nanofiber products have already hit the market, especially in Japan, and are viewed as advanced materials solutions packaging and composites sectors.
Cellulose nanocrystals (CNCs) are a promising future investment opportunity. Most companies are focusing on high volume production for composites, packaging and paper industries. However, many opportunities exist in electronics, 3D printing, textiles and medicine.
Current production capacity far exceeds the market demand at present, but this is likely to change as prices drop in the next few years, and there is less distance to fall than with other nanomaterials as cellulose nanofibers are broadly cost competitive (<$50/kg). Producers have already begun to produce additives that are competitive with conventional polymer composites (e.g. carbon fibers).
This report examines:
- Advantages and shortcomings of nanocellulose as a technology component.
- Pricing landscape for nanocellulose, by types and producers.
- Production volumes by nanocellulose producer.
- Provides a map of the current competitive landscape by market.
- Market impediments for nanocellulose by target market.
- Profiles all the major players in nanocellulose production.
- Profiles all the major application developers including current and intended products.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Research Methodology
2 Executive Summary
3 Types Of Commercially Available Nanocelulose
4 Nanocellulose Market Structure And Routes To Commercialization
5 Commercial Opportunities In Nanocellulose
6 Nanocellulose Producers And Production Capacities, Current And Planned
7 Nanocellulose Pricing
8 Commercial Opportunites In Nanocellulose
9 Nanocellulose Producers
- American Process, Inc
- Ashai Kasei Chemicals Corporation
- Blue Goose Biorefineries, Inc
- Borregaard Chemcell
- Cellucomp Ltd
- Celluforce, Inc
- Chuetsu Pulp & Paper Co., Ltd
- DIC Products, Inc
- DKS Co. Ltd
- Daicel Corporation
- Daio Paper Corporation
- Hattori Shoten Co., Ltd
- Innventia AB
- Kruger Biomaterials, Inc
- Nippon Paper Group, Inc
- Oji Paper Company Ltd
- Performance BioFilaments Inc
- Renmatrix, Inc
- Seiko PMC Corporation
- Stora Enso Ltd
- Sugino Machine Limited
- US Forest Service Forest Products Laboratory
- University of Maine
- VTT Technical Research Centre
- Zelfo Technology GmbH
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rvqgj5/nanocellulose?w=4