NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Security Token Academy, an organization focused on the forthcoming security token revolution, announces the speaker lineup for the first Security Token Summit on June 11 in New York. The event will include expert discussions on the transformative impact security tokens can have on the financial industry.
The day-long event will feature more than a dozen panels on the future of the security token industry, including a discussion on cybersecurity led by Linda Lerner with Sean Franklin of NC4 and VerifyInvestor.com co-founder Jor Law. Cybersecurity for trading platforms is important both because of recent events regarding cryptocurrency exchanges as well as Federal pressure for all financial institutions to improve cyber protection and cybersecurity threat disclosures.
“Security tokens can enable a third wave in a new financial internet by leveraging compliant tokens that improve liquidity both for companies raising money as well as for existing assets," said Aubrey Chernick, founder of the Security Token Academy. "We will soon see the launch of the security token trading industry, which is why we’re bringing the foremost executives and experts together at the Security Token Summit.”
Topics that will be discussed at the summit include:
- An introduction to security token trading and exchanges
- Security token advisory services
- Institutional security token trading
- Cybersecurity and custody of security tokens
- Regulatory hurdles facing security token exchanges
- Decentralized security token exchanges
- Issuing tokenized equity
- The buy-side thesis for investing in security tokens
Former Nasdaq Vice Chairman David Weild will deliver the keynote address. Additional panelists and moderators include:
- Andy Bromberg, Co-founder & CEO of CoinList
- Khurram Dara, Legal Counsel of AirSwap
- Jamie Finn, President and Co-Founder of Securitize
- Juan Hernandez, CEO of OpenFinance Network
- Gregory Keough, CEO of Finova
- Lou Kerner, Founding Partner of CryptoOracle
- Tatiana Koffman, Founder of Four Blocks Ventures
- Jor Law, Co-founder at Verify Investor, LLC
- Linda Lerner, Senior counsel in the Corporate, Financial Services, and White Collar & Regulatory Enforcement groups at Crowell & Moring
- Stephen McKeon, Security Token Academy Chief Strategy Advisor and associate professor of finance at the University of Oregon Lundquist College of Business
- Ronald D. Miller, Chairman of StartEngine
- Troy Paredes, Founder, Paredes Strategies LLC & former SEC Commissioner (2008-2013)
- Tom Schmidt, Product Manager at 0x
- John Wu, CEO of SharesPost Digital Securities Group
Additional speakers can be found at http://securitytokensummit.io
The Security Token Academy was developed by Aubrey Chernick, the successful software entrepreneur who founded Candle Corporation and later sold the company to IBM in 2004. Chernick is also the founder of NextGen Crowdfunding, LLC, the leading company that helps people explore equity crowdfunding and ICOInvestor.tv, a platform helping people to explore the emerging field of the crypto economy with a focus on Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs).
The Security Token Summit will take place on June 11 at the Conrad Hotel in New York City. For additional information and to purchase tickets, please visit http://securitytokensummit.io.
About the Security Token Academy
The Security Token Academy is a new resource exploring the forthcoming security token industry. The Security Token Academy will offer an expert series of live online video, panel discussions, interviews and in-person events to explore the evolution of the security token industry. The Security Token Academy enables investors to understand the new and evolving security token and crypto-based investment industries, along with the associated opportunities and pitfalls.