KENNESAW, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Yamaha Marine announced new features for Helm Master® and the CL7™ Display, and added new Performance 3 SDS™ Propellers and a 35-inch-shaft model of the 4.2-liter V6 F300 (with Digital Electronic Control).
“Today’s boaters want to customize their boating applications to make their experiences on the water even more enjoyable,” said Ben Speciale, Yamaha Marine Group President. “These new feature-rich offshore products give boaters more options and versatility when it comes to boat control, maneuverability and propulsion.”
Helm Master Upgrades
The latest generation of Yamaha’s fully integrated boat control system has new features that allow greater convenience and movement while in Helm Master's SetPoint™ modes. These new features are perfect for those who need more precise control of boat position. The latest version of Helm Master includes the following updates:
- In StayPoint™ or FishPoint™ modes, one forward, rearward or sideward bump of the joystick will move the boat’s position 10 feet; additional bumps within three seconds of each other will move it up to 100 feet total
- In StayPoint™ or DriftPoint™ modes, one twist of the joystick will move the boat’s bow heading angle by 5 degrees; additional twists within three seconds of each other will rotate the boat by up to 50 degrees total
- A new feature called Pattern Shift allows the operator to troll below standard in-gear trolling speed by shifting into or out of gear to meet a desired target speed. In calm water, resulting minimum speed can be less than 0.5 mph
- Thanks to joystick fine tuning, boaters can now adjust position and heading directly with the joystick
- Prior versions required leaving a SetPoint™ mode, then adjusting, then re-activating the mode
- The FishPoint™ High Mode RPM setting remains adjustable for fine tuning the power requirements for each individual vessel’s needs or to match conditions
- The FishPoint™ center mode for quad engines now allows for quieter operation by using the center engines only for thrust and the outer for increased electrical charge output. The result is efficient, quiet charging.
CL7™ Display Upgrades
The CL7 Display is more versatile than ever before, thanks to new functionality and software upgrades including:
- Command Link® capability added to the CL7 protocol. Boaters can now enjoy the features of the CL7 like gauge integration, mapping, and NMEA 2000® networking on Command Link controlled boats. The CL7 is a complete solution for both Command Link Plus and Command Link systems, which means it is also now compatible with mechanical outboards.
- The Variable Lock to Lock steering setting on DEC models now offers four phases for RPM. The number of turns Lock to Lock (and the effective steering ratio) can be set at four different rpm levels. That means boaters can have fewer turns Lock to Lock at low rpm and a greater number at high RPM.
- Updates integrate the new Yamaha V8 XTO Offshore. (Installers must use the updated version of the CL7 Display on boats equipped with the V8 XTO Offshore)
New CL7 displays will be shipped with these upgrades. As before, the CL7 Display features an integrated gateway and comes in two models; one with detailed fresh and saltwater maps, the other without maps, which can be added later. Both models include fuel flow and other monitor functions.
New Performance 3 SDS™ Propellers
The Yamaha Performance 3 propeller has long been a versatile general purpose propeller line, with both fresh water and salt water applications. More durable than aluminum, the stainless steel Performance Propeller offers value along with versatility.
Last year, Yamaha launched an improved Shift Dampener System, SDS. This year, Yamaha brought the two together for the M-T series 4.25” diameter gearcase sizes. These propellers are appropriate for 150 through 300 horsepower Yamaha outboards (four-stroke or two-stroke). They come in right and select left-hand rotation.
35-inch Shaft Model for the F300
This year, Yamaha will offer a 35-inch shaft length model of the F300 4.2-liter Offshore V6 outboards, Digital Electronic Control models only. That means the industry’s favorite family of offshore outboards are available in configurations to meet most every need.
Yamaha Marine products are marketed throughout the United States and around the world. Yamaha Marine Group, based in Kennesaw, Ga., supports its 2,000 U.S. dealers and boat builders with marketing, training and parts for Yamaha’s full line of products and strives to be the industry leader in reliability, technology and customer service. Yamaha Marine is the only outboard brand to have earned NMMA®’s Customer Satisfaction Index (C.S.I.) Award every year since its inception. Visit YamahaOutboards.com.