SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AppDynamics, a Cisco company and the leader in application intelligence, today announced the availability of AppDynamics for SAP. AppDynamics for SAP is an application performance management solution for SAP environments that provides the deepest visibility from code-level insights to customer taps, swipes and clicks — helping enterprises deliver the flawless experiences their customers demand.
Every enterprise is now a digital enterprise, built on countless applications, technologies, platforms and architectures, all designed to delight customers and build market share. As businesses expand, scale and merge, so too must the critical systems that power them. This is especially true for SAP business applications, the complexity of which has been driven by changing business requirements over the last 40 years. While SAP applications are pervasive in enterprises today (according to SAP, its enterprise resource planning applications touch 77 percent of global transaction revenue), it’s nearly impossible to understand how the performance of SAP applications, databases, and code impact customers and the business.
“The modern enterprise is in a challenging position. To satisfy customer expectations, it needs to meet the demands of an agile, digital business, while also maintaining and operating essential core systems,” said Thomas Wyatt, chief strategy officer, AppDynamics. “AppDynamics for SAP is a major leap forward in providing true end-to-end visibility across each customer touchpoint for enterprise businesses.”
Introducing AppDynamics for SAP
AppDynamics for SAP enables enterprises to collaborate around Business Transactions, AppDynamics’ unit of monitoring that automatically reveals how customers interact with applications. With AppDynamics for SAP, enterprises can leverage the power of Business Transactions to quickly identify and map critical data flows between each customer facing technology and "systems of record," including SAP ERP (enterprise resource planning) and CRM (customer relationship management) technologies which leverage complex integration layers including SAP PI (process integration) and PO (process orchestration).
Now, enterprises can quickly understand all dependencies across their entire digital business, allowing them to baseline performance, and identify and isolate the root cause of problems before customers are impacted. And when an issue does arise, finding and remediating the problem is faster than ever, keeping customers happy while delivering the great experiences they demand. This is a huge departure from other vendors that provide SAP monitoring. Other solutions rely on wire data or hardware-based monitoring, making it impossible to monitor public or multi-cloud environments.
AppDynamics for SAP provides:
- ABAP Code-level Diagnostics — Through AppDynamics’ Business Transactions and its groundbreaking native ABAP agent monitoring, enterprises have insights into SAP environments like never before. This breakthrough enables code and database performance monitoring, dynamic baselines, and transaction snapshots when performance deviates from the norm, drastically reducing mean time to repair (MTTR).
- Intelligent Alerting — AppDynamics for SAP baselines normal performance and intelligently alerts IT based on health rules that are automatically set for key performance metrics on every Business Transaction. These intelligent alerting policies reduce the noise from siloed monitoring tools and also integrate with existing enterprise workflow tools, including ServiceNow, PagerDuty, and JIRA. Now operations teams can break out of their siloes and work directly in the tools they already use.
- Confident Cloud Migrations — Lifting and shifting SAP business applications is expensive, time-consuming and error-prone. Because AppDynamics for SAP provides complete visibility into SAP environments, enterprises moving their SAP applications to the cloud can more effectively plan application migrations and measure post-migration results to ensure the same or better levels of user experience.
- S/4HANA Adoption — The movement towards S/4HANA is of high strategic importance to most SAP users for performance and support requirements, but the transition can introduce technical and business challenges. By automatically detecting SAP Business Transactions and baselining performance, AppDynamics for SAP provides more insight and visibility into downstream dependencies, giving enterprises the confidence to adopt S/4HANA.
AppDynamics for SAP is generally available today.
- Read more about AppDynamics for SAP on the AppDynamics blog
- Learn more about AppDynamics for SAP
- Learn more about App iQ Platform
Connect with AppDynamics
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow’s digital opportunity today. Discover more at newsroom.cisco.com and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. AppDynamics’ integrated suite of applications is built on its innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables its customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing and optimizing complex application environments at scale.