CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the leading digital provider of resources and information to oncology professionals, will host the latest State of the Science Summit™ on the treatment of ovarian cancer on May 24. The meeting, at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Monica in California, will be co-chaired by Deborah Krakow, M.D., chair of the department of obstetrics and gynecology and professor of orthopedic surgery and human genetics at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA); Dennis Slamon, M.D., Ph.D., director of clinical and translational research at Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, director of Revlon/UCLA Women’s Cancer Research Program, professor of medicine and chief of hematology-oncology division and executive vice chair of research for UCLA department of medicine; and Gottfried Konecny, M.D., medical oncologist at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Santa Monica.
This educational meeting will discuss novel treatments for ovarian cancer. Expert presenters will delve into topics such as genetic testing in ovarian cancer, surgical options in newly diagnosed ovarian cancer and applications in treatment of uterine sarcoma PARP inhibitors. The attendees will also gain insights on clinical trials in recurrent ovarian cancers, evidence-based palliative care for ovarian cancer patients and controversies in frontline therapy of ovarian cancer. The presenters will also engage in a peer exchange discussion and address audience questions.
Presenters for this event are:
- Nisha Bansal, M.D., obstetrician-gynecologist at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center and Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- Phillip J. Beron, M.D., radiation oncologist, associate clinical professor in the department of radiation oncology at David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- Joshua G. Cohen, M.D., obstetrician-gynecologist at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- John A. Glaspy, M.D., hematology-oncologist at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- Kelly McCann, M.D., Ph.D., hematology-oncologist at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- Sanaz Memarzadeh, M.D., Ph.D., obstetrician-gynecologist, gynecologic-oncologist at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- Christopher J. Pietras, M.D., hospitalist, Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- Jianyu Rao, M.D., anatomic pathologist at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- Arun Singh, M.D., hematology-oncologist at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
- Joshua P. Sasine, M.D., hematology-oncologist at David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, medical director of the Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-Cell (CAR-T) program
The State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series hosted by OncLive®, featuring medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals from across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at Kcollins@curetoday.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for MJH Associates, Inc.’s Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.