The market analysis includes revenue forecasts, discussion on the competitive structure, and market share analysis. The base year of the study is 2017 with forecast period from 2018 to 2025.
DR is in its nascent stage in Europe with sporadic pilot programs underway in the residential sector. Experts opine that DR can achieve close to 40% of EU's 2020 targets concerning energy savings and Carbon dioxide (CO2) emission reductions.
However, a deterrent for implementation is the development of infrastructure within Europe. Penetration of smart meters, which is a key enabler of DR, is still low, although it is accelerating. Although it does not have a direct impact on demand response, the potential still is inhibited, as only a small proportion of customers will have even base infrastructure.
This is a high-growth opportunity market that will materialise steadily over the next decade. DR initiatives enable real-time analysis of customer demand trends and allow the generation, transmission, and distribution infrastructure to react accordingly. Growth in this market means that utilities will increasingly invest in innovative technologies and predictive tools to reduce power generation costs as well as grid failures and outages. New communication technologies and supportive government regulations are imperative for the integration of DR into the future energy system. This study provides a market analysis of the European demand response market.
Key Issues Addressed
- What is demand response (DR)? How does it work? What are the benefits of DR?
- What are the key drivers and restraints influencing the European DR market? How do consumers participate in the DR market?
- Who are the aggregators? What is their role in the European DR market?
- Who are the players in the DR supply chain? How much will the European DR market be worth in 2025? Which areas will offer the best opportunities for growth?
- What is the current state of DR in key European countries? How it is projected to grow in the future across Europe?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Drivers And Restraints - European Demand Response Market
4. Forecasts And Trends - European Dr Market
5. Country Profiles
6. Market Landscape And Competitive Analysis
7. Growth Opportunities And Companies To Action
8. The Last Word
- E.ON Connecting Energies
- Schneider Electric
- Origami Energy
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2zmv8w/european_demand?w=4